SI seeking a full-time Director of Evaluations for the upcoming South Sudan MELS Activity. The Director of Evaluations will be responsible for leading Component 2 of the Activity, Evaluations and Assessments, and ensuring that all assessments, desk reviews, and evaluations conducted under the Activity result in high-quality, credible evidence that informs adaptation and learning.
The Director of Evaluations will be based full-time in Juba, South Sudan throughout the five-year period of performance and will report to the Chief of Party.
- Oversee evaluation, analyses and assessments throughout the life of the activity, including data collection, design of evaluation methodologies and participatory data collection methods and protocols, as well as data quality verification techniques.
- Responsible for the design, quality development and production of all evaluation reports and any assessments, desk reviews and studies including the testing of the development hypotheses, where feasible. This will include the design of the evaluation methodology and participatory data collection methods and protocols for both performance and impact evaluations.
- Ensure that short- and long-term evaluation team members recruited under this contract are of a high caliber and possess the required technical expertise.
- Work with Chief of Party (COP) and other Component Leads to ensure that evaluation and assessment information is shared and fully utilized through knowledge sharing and strategic learning processes to speed innovation and improve upon and bring new innovations to the Mission’s programmatic work in-country.
- Support USAID/South Sudan’s staff in accessing strategic learning tools, as well as in providing guidance and support to the activity’s evaluation services component including but not limited to knowledge mobilization and knowledge management mechanisms.
- Provide support, leadership, review, and technical expertise to overall management of the activity and deliverables to ensure that the activity meets all its performance and reporting requirements.
- If needed, serve as an Evaluation or Assessment Team Leader.
- Master’s degree or higher in the field of international development or international relations, economics, political science, public policy, statistics, and/or other relevant field.
- Minimum of seven years of experience in the design, management, and implementation of evaluations (including impact and performance analyses) and assessments and desk reviews.
- Excellent knowledge of qualitative and quantitative evaluation design and methods such as key informant interviews, focus group discussions, and surveys.
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills including good command of statistics, sampling methodologies, and statistical analysis software such as SPSS or STATA, and qualitative analysis software such as Atlas.ti or Dedoose.
- Experience overseeing several evaluations at the same time.
- Experience drafting and finalizing evaluation reports.
- Familiarity with U.S. Government policies, preferably USAID policies, related to evaluation management.
- Familiarity with common USAID sectoral and thematic assessment a plus: Political Economy Analysis (PEA), Gender and Social Inclusion (GESI), 118/119 environment assessment, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a diverse, interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent client management and relationship building skills.
- Prior experience working in South Sudan or similar conflict environments.
- Fluency in oral and written English required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.