At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send life-saving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2015, CARE worked in 95 countries and reached 65 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
CARE is seeking a Director of Development who is self-motivated and has a strong foundation of best practice individual fundraising knowledge with a track record of using effective strategies and tactics to maximize revenue. The right individual for this role should possess previous hands-on experience in cultivating donor-centric relationships which have resulted in major gift donations.
The Director works with individual donors and family/private foundations to raise major gifts for CARE’s unrestricted program, The Impact Fund, as well as restricted gifts focused on CARE’s core programs, and most especially campaign gifts from new prospects. The Director will be responsible for developing and implementing cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for his/her portfolio of donors/prospects. The Director will also seek to identify new prospects for CARE. In addition, the Director should be conversant in planned giving to provide major donors with as broad an array of resource engagement with CARE as possible.
- Manage an active and changing portfolio of approximately 100 donors and prospects;
- Work with the Office of Leadership Development to create meaningful engagement strategies for donors and prospects;
- Coordinate with the Office of Research to identify and qualify prospects;
- Coordinate with Business Operations development of proposals and reports for donors and prospects.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 3-5 years of fundraising experience with demonstrable success with major gifts;
- General familiarity with all aspects of fundraising concepts, including planned giving, stewardship functions, and database management;
- Cultivating prospects and soliciting them for major gifts;
- Major gift campaign experience desired;
- Proficient in database management, designing presentations, persuasive communication skills.