The Director of Development plans, directs and coordinates fund raising activities for major and planned giving prospects and donors focused on the Northeast region of the United States. A member of a national Individual Giving team, the Director is part of a national major gift strategy group and will report directly to the Executive Director of the Northeast Region and will work in the Boston office of CARE, USA.
The Director works with individual donors and family/private foundations to raise major gifts for CARE’s unrestricted program, The Impact Fund, as well as restricted gifts focused on CARE’s core programs, and most especially campaign gifts from new prospects. The Director will be responsible for developing and implementing cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for his/her portfolio of donors/prospects. The Director will also seek to identify new prospects for CARE. The Director is expected to maintain an active travel schedule of personal visits with donors and initiate one on one engagement and solicitation opportunities with donors and new prospects. In addition, the Director should be conversant in planned giving to provide major donors with as broad an array of resource engagement with CARE as possible.
- Solicit and Manage Donor Portfolio
- Engagement with Donors Prospects
- Identify and Qualify Prospects
- Development of proposals and reports
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 five years of fund raising experience with demonstrable success with major gifts
- General familiarity with all aspects of fund raising concepts, including planned giving, stewardship functions and database management
- Cultivating prospects and soliciting them for major gifts