CARE is seeking a talented Director of Development (DOD) – Corporate Sponsorships who will lead CARE’s efforts to grow its corporate event fundraising revenue and promote CARE’s brand with companies. The DOD will develop proposals and pitch event sponsorships, employee experiences, and cause-marketing engagements to raise revenue, build awareness of CARE, and integrate a branding element to new and existing core business partnerships.
The DOD – Corporate Sponsorships will report to the Executive Director, Corporate Partnership and New Business and be a part of a newly created team at CARE, focused on new business. In the past year, CARE has launched several new events that offer integrated platforms for sponsorship, corporate employee and consumer engagement. This role will entail significant new business development, i.e. prospecting for new companies to engage; pitching sponsorship and employee engagement offerings; building a pipeline of new relationships; supporting a cause marketing campaign; and confirming new partners with a focus on increasing corporate engagement and unrestricted revenue. The DOD will also work closely with the events team on sponsorship fulfillment and serve as the subject matter expert for the corporate partnerships team that has a strong record of engaging companies in strategic, long-term, core business engagements. [MM1] This position will work closely with members of the existing corporate team; brand, communications and marketing teams; and events team.
- Secure new companies as sponsors for CARE’s events.
- Craft and pitch event sponsorship packages and develop a robust portfolio of corporate partners.
- Identify and cultivate companies whose brand positioning aligns with CARE’s brand and marketing initiatives.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on event sponsorship for the totality of the corporate team.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for team members whose partners wish to add a cause-marketing element to existing partnerships.
- Undergraduate degree
- Five (5) + year’s experience and a solid track record of building successful, sustaining corporate partnerships including event fundraising and sponsorship.
- Demonstrated knowledge in designing and pitching cause-marketing opportunities.
- Experience executing cause-marketing campaigns on behalf of a non-profit, corporation and/or agency.