IRC’s Revenue department is responsible for the global delivery of the International Rescue Committee’s financial resources, and plays an important strategic role in the creation of its brand, awareness and support for its advocacy goals. The IRC’s strategy centers on its ambition to continue to improve the scale and effectiveness of IRC programs worldwide with evidence of what works best to impact people’s lives in conflict and fragile settings. Revenue comprises colleagues and teams delivering government funding, marketing, account management, leadership gifts, board liaison, corporate partnerships and communications to support this work. Primarily these colleagues are located in the USA – but IRC plans to significantly expand its global Revenue footprint in the coming years.
Revenue is at the beginning stages of creating a new radical and ambitious strategy that will enhance IRC’s ability to ‘punch above its weight’ in income and awareness. We are building a new culture and supporting our colleagues in their efforts to deliver transformational and best in class work. At the same time – believing that the root of success lie in a high performance team and culture – we need to build our internal infrastructure – ensure we build a strong global team, the dynamic culture, forward thinking ethos, and 21st century reporting, operational and business management practices that will help it achieve its ambitious goals.
The Director, Analytics provides direction and management to ensure high quality data analytics for all revenue-generating activities across the Revenue department, including global and private and public sector funding sources.
They are accountable for the development and delivery of best in class analytics tools, dashboards and reports, and for financial and budgetary management and oversight to ensure best use of IRC resources.
They are a dynamic, self-motivated and hands-on leader who will inspire and challenge colleagues to drive necessary business change and deliver on the key strategic goal of Data Based Decision Making.
- Lead and support a best in class analytics function – ensuring high quality data-based decision making across all revenue-generating activities at the IRC.
- Partner with leaders across the Revenue department to establish regular KPIs and benchmarks for a wide variety of indicators and data sets.
- Lead budget development and monitoring work across the Revenue department teams, ensuring accountability, maximal use of resources, and return on investment for key initiatives.
- Establish and deliver impactful regular dashboards and reports, focused on real-time performance monitoring and actionable insights.
- Proactively and continually monitor trends, analyze and interrogate data, and make strategic and timely recommendations on important opportunities and/or solutions to key challenges, ensuring follow through on agreed actions.
- Establish a dynamic and innovative analytics approach, leveraging digital tools, market tracking, big data and micro data, and other key market trends and strategies.
- Work with key colleagues throughout the Revenue department to foster a dynamic, data-driven and solutions-focused culture and approach to work.
- Partner with key colleagues on the Marketing team to drive successful digital acquisition and long-term value-oriented marketing strategies.
- Collaborate with key colleagues on the Development team to drive successful high-value donor solicitation and retention strategies.
- Partner with colleagues in the Awards Management Unit to support global public sector revenue goals and objectives, including providing key data and insights into performance and the revenue pipeline for grant solicitations.
- Supervise a Business Analyst position, providing strong management and mentorship.
- Partner with the Senior Director, Data and Analytics to set annual and regular project goals, deliverables and key outcomes for analytics projects and work.
Bachelors Degree; Masters Degree preferred
- 7+ years professional experience providing high quality and advanced analytics for a complex, large not-for-profit organization and/or equivalent analytics experience in private sector marketing and sales
- Proven track record in leveraging leading-edge digital tools, providing advanced analytical reports, and proactively working to drive strategic insights and decisions
- Experience and knowledge of best practices in financial planning and budgetary management
- Non-profit and international humanitarian aid experience a plus
- Experience and knowledge of global markets a plus
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Advanced proficiency with cutting-edge CRM systems (preferably Salesforce) and marketing automation tools
- Excellent technical skills, including strong experience with BI tools, data visualization, SQL, complex relational databases, and website analytics tools
- Specific experience with data mining, statistical analysis and predictive modeling
- Deep and wide-ranging knowledge of international non-profits, fundraising and digital marketing
- Demonstrated experience with financial and investment analysis
- Ability to translate broad strategic vision into actionable short- and long-term objectives, including the ability to respond quickly to new opportunities and changes in priorities
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to devise creative solutions to complex problems and issues
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive, collaborative, productive relationships with diverse key stakeholders across the organization
- Strong and persuasive interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with senior non-expert colleagues on analysis and insights
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Supervisory experience
- Sound judgment in maintaining confidentiality of donor and key internal business information
- Passion for and commitment to the IRC’s mission
Standard office work environment
Ability to travel as required
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.