The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CF Foundation) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which the CF Foundation stand and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their families.
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work. We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support one another.
- The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation – the world’s leader in the search for a cure for cystic fibrosis, and one of the most innovative and successful organizations of its kind – is seeking a Clinical Research Community Engagement Specialist.
We are a nonprofit, donor-supported organization that has raised and invested billions of dollars to help develop cystic fibrosis therapies that have changed the lives of people with this disease. Nearly every CF medicine available today was made possible because of Foundation support.
The duties of this position are to carry out the mission of the CF Foundation to facilitate discovery and development of new drug therapies that will benefit all people with CF. This individual will work as part of an integrated team and to identify, evaluate, and develop promising new programs with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. The role will include seeking out and evaluating new opportunities, leading exploratory discussions, structuring complex partnerships, and participating in contract negotiation to secure mutually beneficial agreements that enhance opportunities for CF-relevant drug development programs. The successful candidate will have strong scientific knowledge and a track record in areas related to drug development. Experience and expertise in areas relating to cystic fibrosis drug discovery such as inflammation, infection, nutrition and mucociliary clearance, etc. are a plus. This individual is expected to contribute in-depth knowledge in at least one of these areas and exhibit superior analytical, strategic and communication skills. Well organized, detail oriented, with a strong sense of urgency, this individual will be a team player who is comfortable exerting leadership through consensus building and identification of innovative solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Medical team to seek out, identify, critically evaluate, and cultivate partnerships with academic and for-profit entities, with the goal of developing improved therapies for CF.
- Assess and prioritize Program opportunities including risk/benefit for CF population, technology potential, financial resources, scientific merit, and management structure.
- Coordinate review for therapeutic development opportunities.
- Survey advancements in basic/clinical research, understand their applicability to cystic fibrosis and identify and shepherd opportunities for assisting CF research and therapeutic development.
- Monitor and maintain advancement of currently funded CF programs.
- Provide regular assessments and recommendations to the senior management and Board members regarding potential partnership opportunities.
- With input from medical team and CFFT legal counsel, participate in the end-to-end process of partnership development by aligning needs, coordinating requirements, building internal consensus, structuring and negotiating contracts and leading advisory teams.
- Together with Grants and Contracts team, ensure payment terms are met, monitor predicted and actual expenses, and assist in budget assessment and projections.
- With Medical Group Compliance officer, ensure that contract terms meet internal and external compliance standards.
- Ensure that appropriate royalty payments are made.
- With Project Management staff, track project status, archive and summarize correspondence, and monitor and update progress.
- Assist in preparing annual reports, progress reports, and budget projections, as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- M.D., Ph.D., or equivalent level of formal training required. Chemistry or life sciences discipline preferred.
- 10 – 12 years of experience with strong knowledge and minimum of 3-5 years experience in facilitating drug discovery and development from preclinical studies to clinical approval.
- Strong aptitude for investigating and identifying new scientific approaches and emerging technologies relevant to therapeutic development.
- Demonstrated experience in partnership building and business development.
- Problem-solving, strategic and analytical capabilities are required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks and meet stated deadlines.
- Creative thinker, resourceful, team player, self-starter.
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills.
- Highest degree of integrity and honesty.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated high competency for organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate and be creative with a professional and positive approach.
The CF Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We strive to recruit and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, physical or mental disability, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, marital status, genetic information or testing, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
The CF Foundation is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at HROps@cff.org .