The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CF Foundation) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which the CF Foundation stand and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
- Keep sight of what really matters: Our decisions are based on what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their families.
- Aspire for excellence in all we do: We take pride in our work. We are committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together: We collaborate and work together so that we can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with courage: We embrace challenges. We reach beyond boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people: We deeply care about each other and all who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support one another.
- The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation – the world’s leader in the search for a cure for cystic fibrosis, and one of the most innovative and successful organizations of its kind – is seeking a Clinical Research Community Engagement Specialist.
We are a nonprofit, donor-supported organization that has raised and invested billions of dollars to help develop cystic fibrosis therapies that have changed the lives of people with this disease. Nearly every CF medicine available today was made possible because of Foundation support.
The Director of Biostatistics will use the CF Foundation Patient Registry (CFFPR), which is a comprehensive, longitudinal database that collects information from individuals with CF who are treated at CF Foundation-accredited care centers, and potential other data sources to conduct analysis and generate evidence that will advance our mission of providing high quality care to all individuals with CF. The Director of Biostatistics will be responsible for thinking strategically about opportunities to enhance research capabilities and lead the development and implementation of research projects that further expand our understanding of CF and CF care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the application of state-of-the-art statistical methods to conduct analyses to address research questions using data from the CF Foundation Patient Registry.
- Provide statistical expertise in the design of prospective real-world research studies.
- Disseminate study findings through conference presentations, posters, and collaborative development of manuscripts.
- Review and evaluate research proposals for CFF Patient Registry data from external academic researchers.
- Manage and support biostatisticians / analysts
- Support enhancement of the CFFPR data through improvements in the registry and linkage to other data sources.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Doctoral degree in Statistics, Biostatistics or Epidemiology.
- A minimum of five+ years of relevant work experience and 1 + year managing staff.
- Proficiency in SAS and knowledge of R and SQL.
- Experience with the design of longitudinal observational clinical studies and analytic methods to allow for causal inference.
- Experience with registries or other large observational data sets.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple daily tasks, and shift priorities as needed.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Robust writing and communication skills, including the ability to discuss statistical concepts with clinicians, people with CF, and their family members.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills with both in-person and remote colleagues.
The CF Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We strive to recruit and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, physical or mental disability, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, marital status, genetic information or testing, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
The CF Foundation is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at HROps@cff.org .