About Eurasia Group
Eurasia Group provides the marketplace with a comprehensive and integrated set of political risk solutions. Our clients range from macro hedge funds to institutional investors, from family businesses to the world’s largest multinational corporations. What they all share is a desire to better manage the risks and opportunities that flow from politics.
We take a structured approach to understanding these challenges. We provide our clients with both qualitative and quantitative tools to anticipate and manage political risks, and to profit from them. Our multi-faceted approach allows us to adapt to the rapidly evolving world of geopolitics.
Eurasia Group’s Japanese client base spans many sectors, including government agencies, financial institutions, trading companies, energy companies (private and parastatal), manufacturing, automotive, and high-tech/electronics. In this position, you will be responsible for originating new business and relationship management. This role includes selling the full range of our services in Japan, including both retainer-based relationships and tailored consulting projects.
More specifically, in this role, you will do:
- Manage the business development process from prospect sourcing to pitch, proposal and ongoing relationship management.
- Manage and develop junior staff in Tokyo office, providing day-to-day oversight and guidance
- Coordinate and liaise with the research, consulting teams and other client relationship managers to provide exceptional service to our existing client base
- Collaborate with leadership to conceptualize and execute annual GZERO Summit in Tokyo
- Documented experience developing business from a variety of sources including: your own relationships, referrals, events, and opportunistic targeting.
- Strong interpersonal skills, proven business development ability and the ability to build and manage relationships with clients.
- Excellent analytical and presentation (oral and written) skills, and a strong attention to detail.
- A master’s degree in a related field is highly preferred.
- Applicants are required to have a demonstrable interest in Eurasia Group’s core political risk assessment competency. Candidates with backgrounds in similar (research and consulting) fields are strongly preferred.
- Japanese language ability and cultural fluency is required.
This role is based in our Tokyo office.
At Eurasia Group, we strive to put politics first for our clients. This requires us to maintain a company culture that puts people first. We are committed to fostering an environment that is inclusive, empowering, and globally minded. We firmly believe that diversity in gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, cultural background, religion, disability, and age brings ideas and perspectives to the table that make our analysis stronger for our clients and make our company a better place to work for our people. Our leadership team is committed to embedding diversity and inclusion into everything we do and how we lead.