Eurasia Group is seeking an experienced expert on Japan with a global perspective. This position, based in Tokyo, has two main components.
First and foremost, you will assess Japan’s politics, geopolitics and economic policymaking with a focus on how dynamics in these areas impact both the corporate sector and financial markets. You should have experience and credibility as an analyst of Japan, the ability to write reports clearly and concisely in English, and comfort interfacing with clients at senior levels. An understanding of regional geopolitical issues, such as North Korea and/or South Korea would be a positive.
The secondary component of this position is to convey Eurasia Group’s analysis of global geopolitical themes to the firm’s base of clients in Japan, and with a focus on the implications for Japanese firms and investors. The ideal candidate will thus have previous exposure to, and in interest in, global trends ranging from foreign policy to technology policy. Time spent living outside of Japan is desirable.
You will have considerable professional experience that displays your skills as a Japan analyst and an advanced degree in political science, economics, Asia studies, or another relevant discipline. You must understand the relevance of your research to a broad range of investors and companies. Candidates must have significant demonstrable professional experience relevant to the position, which should include the requisite content knowledge. Previous consulting experience and in-country experience is preferred. You must be able to speak and write at a professional level in English, and comfortable delivering presentations in Japanese.
Perks of working at Eurasia Group:
- An amazing mission—to help our clients capitalize on the opportunities and manage the risks created by political changes around the world
- The opportunity to work with a talented and entrepreneurial team in a global environment
- Flexible work environment, with contemporary offices in New York (Flatiron), DC (DuPont Circle), and London (Clerkenwell), Tokyo (Marunouchi), and Sao Paulo (Faria Lima)
- PTO bank of 23 days, 10 paid holidays and 2 summer Fridays
- A strong belief in work-life balance
- Competitive salary plus incentive compensation plan
- Rich benefits package—The firm contributes 82–90% to medical and dental premiums, 100% employer-paid LTD, STD and life insurance, 401(k) plus fully vested employer match and pre-tax commuter benefits
- Business casual dress code
Eurasia Group is an equal opportunity employer.