About Corus: Corus International is the parent of a family of world-class organizations working to deliver the holistic, lasting solutions needed to end extreme poverty once and for all. We are a global leader in international development, with 150 years of combined experience across our brands. Our nonprofit and for-profit subsidiaries include IMA World Health and its fundraising brand Corus World Health, Lutheran World Relief, CGA Technologies, Ground Up Investing, and Farmers Market Brands. Our more than 800 employees around the globe are experts in their fields and dedicated to helping the world’s most vulnerable people break the cycle of poverty and lead healthy lives.
At Corus we believe that good only grows stronger and we reflect that belief in our workplace culture. We value every employee’s specialized area of expertise and nurture professional growth. We promote an engaging and supportive work environment, where employees feel enabled and driven to innovate, learn and collaborate. And because our subsidiaries often function as partners, our employees have the opportunity to work across our enterprise family.
Corus is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our worldwide workplace, and we believe that social justice and respect for the human dignity of every person are fundamental to all we do as an organization.
Further details about the organization can be found at: https://corusinternational.org
About The Job:
- You will lead on the management of all Integrity and Ethics incidents such as fraud, bribery, corruption, safeguarding and other ethical violations that are reported through our dedicated incident hotline, working closely with a number of departments such as Legal & Compliance and HR to ensure the effective and timely management and investigation of such incidents.
- On a daily basis you will be working closely with colleagues in the 20+ countries Corus works, ensuring remote investigative work is conducted in line with our investigation standard operating procedures and staff on the ground are supported and mentored in the approach to investigating incidents.
- You will build and maintain Corus’s ethics framework consolidating all ethical policies and procedures into one framework and educate the organization on the application of the framework through both remote and face to face training events.
- As the subject matter expert, you will lead on the development and education of all Corus staff on the application of the incident reporting procedure and raise awareness through the use of innovative methods such as short video blogs and lessons learned material to ensure all staff remain engaged and vigilant to the threats of ethical violations.
- Risk management is at the heart of the role. In additional to ethical violation risk, you will be responsible for ensuring that the enterprise risk framework at Corus is relevant and fit for the purposes of Corus. This will include the management of the Corporate risk register, ensuring close working relationships with leadership risk owners and the annual reporting of Corporate risk to the Audit & Risk committee. You will also lead on the management of project risk registers, ensuring where appropriate, risks are escalated to management and leadership at the right time.
Location: Based in Washington DC, Baltimore, MD or Remote
About The Ideal Candidate:
- You will be an experienced integrity and ethics professional with a passion for adding value through innovative solutions and be comfortable working alone or as part of a team.
- You will have expertise in managing Integrity & ethics, including safeguarding, fraud, and sexual exploitation and abuse matters.
- You will possess the ability to work collaboratively to deliver tough messages to managers whilst still maintaining positive and strong working relationships to ensure mitigation actions you recommend as a result of investigations are implemented.
- As the role involves working with colleagues at all levels of the organization, you will be a great communicator and possess the ability to break down complex information into easily actionable outputs that can be measured.
- A great leader, you will be inspired by supporting and educating colleagues in investigation and risk management and take pride in ensuring the work you do adds value.
- As no two days are the same, you will be flexible in your approach to work and can multitask, switching between tasks as the situation necessitates.
- With a strong track record in delivering to tight deadlines, often at short notice you will possess the ability to self-start, be able to prioritize and participate in multiskilled teams with a common goal to deliver.
- Your career path will demonstrate superior analytical and critical thinking skills to enable the evaluation of risk management, ethics risks, program management and governance risks, processes, controls, and structures.
- Ideally you will understand the fundamentals of protection of individuals from all forms of abuse and harassment and of investigation into these areas.
- You will be comfortable in leading junior members of staff, acting as a mentor and willing to continually develop professional skills to meet the role.
- Degree or professional qualification related to Audit / Ethics / Integrity / Safeguarding / Compliance, required.
- A minimum 10 years’ experience in similar role required.
- Progressive management of Integrity, Ethics and Risk in an international setting.
- Experience of training teams and/or mentoring colleagues.
- Experience of acting as a mentor and developing junior staff.
- Proficiency in writing reports or similar documents to a professional standard.
- Experience in a similar role in an international development organization or institutional Donor.
- Experience working with donors such as USAID, FCDO, Global Fund in the identification, prevention, or investigation of Integrity, Ethics and Risk issues.
- Experience in building and risk management across complex and diverse operating units.
- Experience in the design and development of Internal Control self-assessments and supporting management
Why You Should Apply: Corus offers competitive salaries, discretionary bonuses, 100% employer paid Vision insurance, lots of paid leave, generous retirement program, flexible work schedules and so much more!
Call to action:
If reading this role specification excites you and has you already planning how to bring your experience to strengthening the Integrity, Ethics and Risk in Corus, you may be the person we are looking for. Interviews with selected candidates will be arranged as soon as possible; so to avoid disappointment apply without delay.
If you have any questions about our open positions, reach out to TalentAcquisition@CorusInternational.org.
Corus International prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by U.S. or International law.