*Please submit an application including a cover letter by May 6, 2023
The Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition (RHSC) is a global partnership of more than 550 public, private, and non-governmental organizations dedicated to ensuring that all people in low- and middle-income countries can choose, obtain, and use affordable, high-quality supplies and related services to ensure their better sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
The RHSC is a unique global partnership that offers a neutral “safe space” where experts can leave their institutional hats at the door and build on common ground. It brokers partnerships across all sectors and regions; convenes a critical mass of partners to achieve results no partner could accomplish on its own; and draws from a diverse, flexible resource base to pursue activities that may fall outside the remit of an individual donor. The RHSC’s large and diverse membership offers an accessible brain trust, and the RHSC’s respected name brings credibility and trust.
Our global Secretariat is staffed and managed by PATH, a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH, on behalf of the Coalition Secretariat, is seeking a Director of Implementing Mechanisms and Initiatives (IMI Director) to provide technical leadership within RHSC’s current strategy and program of action (Money, Markets and Movement) and to ensure RHSC Implementing Mechanisms are highly effective.
The IMI Director is a member of the Secretariat’s senior leadership team. The incumbent will manage a team providing technical and administrative support to RHSC’s working groups and caucuses and will provide leadership for RHSC’s Annual General Membership Meeting. The IMI Director will also bring additional reproductive health (RH) markets expertise to RHSC, working directly with RHSC’s Market Development Approaches Working Group and engaging with other Secretariat staff working on market issues and with key partners in this area. The position manages 4-line reports – 2 full-time Senior Technical Officers and 2 Program Associates (one part time and one full time). The Director of Implementing Mechanisms and Initiatives reports to the RHSC Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
Management of RHSC Implementing Mechanisms – 50%
- Provide leadership, management oversight, and technical support to RHSC’s implementing mechanisms (IMs), including the working groups for Systems Strengthening, Advocacy and Accountability, and the caucuses for Maternal Health Supplies, New and Underused Reproductive Health Technologies, and the Manufacturers Group
- Provide direct technical support to the Market Development Approaches Working Group as RHSC’s primary point of contact entailing working with the chair(s) on the annual workplan, idea generation for areas of collaboration, assisting members to formulate topics/proposals for the Innovation Fund, and ensuring sustained RHSC support for tools and initiatives developed within the group
- Actively connect and network with RHSC members for engagement in IMs and to ensure that members have a voice and a channel for communication and ideas.]
- Oversee governance of IMs including Terms of Reference and chair elections
- Convene RHSC’s Council of Chairs of IMs
- Work with IM Chairs and Secretariat line reports on annual IM workplans and tracking
- Engage in the RHSC strategy refresh and rollout process, building on the technical expertise of key Secretariat staff, and ensuring engagement of the RHSC’s IMs
Management of RHSC’s General Membership Meeting – 20%
- Lead the overall planning and content of RHSC’s general membership meeting (GMM).
- Engage and consult with members and stakeholders on the thematic focus of the meeting.
- Lead the process of location selection for the GMM and engagement with key in-country stakeholders
- Manage internal RHSC team and external contractors in terms of logistics for GMM
Engagement with key technical partners – 20%
- Drawing upon significant personal expertise in RH markets, and in partnership with other Secretariat staff with expertise in this space, engage with SEMA Reproductive Health (a new, innovative partnership designed to build healthier, more equitable, and more resilient SRH markets) as well as other key organizations in the RH markets arena
- In partnership with RHSC and SEMA RH colleagues ensure that RHSC and SEMA RH’s work is complementary and in alignment with agreed plans
- Working closely with the Senior Technical Officer, engage with RH Manufacturers including convening regular meetings to provide a channel for manufacturers to communicate with the wider community
RHSC Initiatives – 10%
- Fundraise for and oversee RHSC’s Innovation Fund, the RHSC’s flagship initiative for inspiring and financing new activities that further the Coalition’s strategic goals
- Manage RHSC’s LAPTOP initiative, to encourage talented young people to join the field of supply chain management
- Oversee a range of further RHSC Initiatives as required
Desired IMI Director Profile
- A track record of leadership in RH with particular expertise in the area of RH markets in both the public and private sectors
- Proven ability to collaborate with a wide range of partners both in the public and private sectors, with the skills to see and create connections across actors in the RH space
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and external conditions
- A demonstrated interest in learning and ability to turn learnings into actionable strategies
- Ability to help build consensus among different institutional interests towards common goals and priorities
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to synthesize disparate opinions and input