Supporting Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) is fundamental to CARE’s mission of empowering women and girls, promoting social justice, and reducing poverty around the world. The SRHR team works toward the vision that all people have equitable access to the information and services they need to realize their right to the highest possible attainable standard of sexual and reproductive health – free of discrimination, stigma, coercion and violence. The Director of Innovation, Evaluation, and Learning (IEL), SRHR; will support a collaborative and cross-functional team in developing robust and interconnected systems for monitoring, evaluation, adaptation, and knowledge management. The successful candidate will provide thought partnership in supporting dynamic SRHR learning, adaptation, and dissemination strategies, and establishing systems to strengthen uptake of promising practice and innovations. We are seeking an experienced public health practitioner, with strong experience in SRHR and social justice along with excellent interpersonal, communication and facilitative skills.
- Lead a diverse and collaborative team to set direction for IEL
- Enable and lead a collaborative environment (both internal and external to CARE)
- Support SRHR leadership to identify, solicit, and secure new sources of funding
- Perform other duties as needed
- Masters level degree in public health or relevant field OR equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in learning, knowledge creation and quality in global health and development, with 10 years’ experience in relevant professional work and 5-7 years of team leadership/supervisory experience required.
- Depth of experience in understanding, balancing, blending and defending the assumptions and practices of mixed methods.
- Knowledge of evaluation and learning with attention to scale and adaptation, KM (Knowledge Management) and communications functions strongly preferred.
- Experience in international development and global health preferred, with strong knowledge of international SRHR programs, strategies, donors, and organizations.
- Strong understanding of reproductive rights and gender empowerment frameworks, with experience working at the intersection of development and social justice.
- Experience in building supportive and collaborative work environments, with proven ability to lead and coordinate a collaborative and cross-functional team, and to support and inspire the team’s leadership capacity.
- Strong experience in program financial management, with the ability to manage budgets and donor relationships and support direct reports in budget development and monitoring.
- Successful fundraising experience, and well as planning for and oversight of large budgets.
- Strong facilitation and convening skills, exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with a robust publication track record (both in peer-reviewed journals and other sources)
- Ability to accommodate up to 40% travel, both domestic & international