We are seeking an experienced professional with at least ten years of financial markets experience to join our North American Global Markets Advisory team working with institutional investors where geopolitics, country risk and financial markets intersect. This role will be based in New York city and will be specifically focused on building market share and growing our NA institutional client base by delivering first class service and solutions to our clients. For more information about Eurasia Group please visit www.eurasiagroup.net.
- Work with Global Markets leadership team to acquire new clients and achieve revenue growth amongst a portfolio of approximately 20 institutional accounts (Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Pension funds, Investment Banks) based across East Coast and the Midwest.
- Develop a strong understanding of Eurasia Group’s business and become an expert in how political risks fit into client investment and risk process.
- Leverage Eurasia Group’s global resources in country and sectoral research and market strategy to create a value-add coverage.
- Maintain knowledge of market developments (on a multi-region basis), asset classes and political risks in order to engage with and provide value to sophisticated institutional investors
- Develop deep client relationships with a primary focus on end-user clients.
- Create and build in-depth strategic account plans and provide support to senior leadership in business and strategy planning (including new business pipeline) and major new pitches
- Work closely and effectively with analyst and strategy teams as a value-added partner.
- Prior experience in global financial markets in a client facing role with experience and knowledge of multiple asset classes, investment styles and client types. (Global Macro background ideal)
- Prior experience in an institutional sales or advisory role with proven ability to monetize a differentiated research & advisory offering across wide range of investor types preferred.
- Experience working with analyst and strategy teams preferred.
- Background in emerging markets, FX and fixed income markets as well other asset classes relevant.
- Prior experience with account mapping, strategic planning and prospecting / pitching.
- Demonstrable interest in Eurasia Group’s core political risk assessment competency
- Must be a self-starter with a strong team-focused mindset and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness and capacity for travel on an ongoing basis.
- Bachelors degree required, Masters or MBA preferred.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Perks of working at Eurasia Group:
- An amazing mission — to help our clients capitalize on the opportunities and manage the risks created by the impact of politics on markets around the world.
- The opportunity to work with a talented and entrepreneurial team in a global environment.
- Flexible work environment, with contemporary offices located in New York (Flatiron), DC (DuPont Circle) and London (Clerkenwell).
- PTO bank of 23 days, 10 paid holidays and 2 summer Fridays.
- A strong belief in work-life balance.
- Competitive salary plus incentive compensation plan.
- Rich benefits package – EG contributes 82-90% to medical and dental premiums, 100% employer-paid LTD, STD and life insurance, 401(k) plus fully vested employer match and pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Business casual dress code.
- Employee referral program that begins at $1000.
Eurasia Group is an equal opportunity employer.