PATH seeks a Director, GHSC Market Dynamics and Product Introduction for each of the upcoming multi-year USAID-funded Next Generation Global Health Supply Chain suite of programs (NextGen): Procurement Service Agents (PSA) in the areas of HIV, malaria, and family planning/reproductive health/MCHN. These awards will provide a variety of procurement services for portfolios of global health commodities and continually improve procurement and delivery performance for an agile commodity supply chain. The NextGen awards will leverage a world-class global supply chain for the supply of HIV, malaria, and family planning/reproductive health commodities for today’s client countries while supporting healthy market dynamics for secure product supply for the future.
The Director, GHSC Market Dynamics and Product Introduction will lead a team that works to improve market efficiency, choice, and product affordability by gaining a better understanding of how these markets are evolving over time through supply chain mapping, manufacturer engagement, global demand surveillance, and demand forecasting. They will develop strategies for mitigating supply chain risks and strengthening global markets. They will also, as needed, support the introduction of new products into various markets.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
Lack of access to health products is often a result of market failures—that is, limited or inconsistent product availability, products of poor or unverified quality, or products that are inappropriately designed or unaffordable. The term market dynamics refers to a set of skills and approaches used to evaluate access to products and then achieve consistent, sustainable access to affordable, quality-assured products by catalyzing interventions that reduce long-term demand and supply imbalances. PATH’s Market Dynamics Program identifies the root causes of market failures and develops strategies to overcome these issues, thereby strengthening markets and improving product access.
Position is contingent upon award to PATH.
- Provide overall technical leadership for the project in the areas of market dynamics and product introduction.
- Manage project team of comprised of product specialists, data scientists, and modelers.
- Lead qualitative and quantitative research and analysis for relevant products procured under the PSA to understand global supply chains, from key starting materials to finished products, and markets for those commodities.
- Drive the building and use of a range of analytic tools, frameworks, and modeling approaches to achieve projects’ objectives.
- Lead strategic, long-term engagement with manufacturers.
- Guided by market data and demand forecasts, develop recommendations for procurement policies to foster healthy, sustainable global markets, while meeting the needs of country health systems.
- Lead development of information hub for data and decision-support tools for introduction of new products.
- Collaborate effectively with consortium partners, donor, and global partners.
- Manage project deliverables, timelines, and budget.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Biology, Business Administration, Health Economics, or equivalent advanced degree.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in public health or related fields, including at least 7 years of direct experience in market dynamics and product introduction at an international scale.
- Prior experience with public health supply chains in HIV, malaria, and/or family planning/reproductive health/MCHN supplies and services preferred.
- Familiarity with USAID procurement and beneficiary countries or other resource-constrained countries preferred.
- Extensive and proven technical knowledge of market analytics including:
- Building, implementing, and analyzing market research studies and quantitative models to inform global or developing country decision-making, e.g., demand forecasts and impact models.
- Analysis of product development and introduction scenarios to chart pathways for new product introduction.
- Ability to identify key trends from complex and ambiguous data sets.
- Ability to synthesize project findings and translate into programmatic and policy recommendations.
- Demonstrated experience driving high-level coordination and effective partnerships with global market actors, such as WHO, the Global Fund, UNICEF, the Global Financing Facility, etc.
- Proven effectiveness working in a team-based environment, including managing diverse and geographically-dispersed teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and thrive in ambiguous, fast-paced, high-pressure situations.
- Demonstration of PATH values in action: Respect, Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration, Equity, and Impact.
- Available to travel within the country as needed; availability to travel internationally up to 25 percent.
Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.