Purpose of Technical Services
To fulfil DAI’s development and business objectives, we must win new business, deliver effective technical assistance (TA) to our clients and beneficiaries, efficiently manage our portfolio of projects, and build our capacity to monitor, manage, and deliver for our clients in an evolving development context.
Main purpose of role:
The primary purpose of this role is to provide Technical Leadership to define and support DAI Europe’s approach to Managing for Development Results, supporting effective monitoring and evaluation for our clients and beneficiaries and for management across our portfolio of projects. The Director drives integration of robust and adaptive monitoring approaches for our business development efforts (win) and projects, building client relationships through effective delivery and networking, defining approaches in co-ordination with the Business Development Unit (BDU), the Programme Management Unit (PMU) and with head office and field based M&E specialists.
Lead a team of specialists, both directly and those integrated across the Technical Services Team, BDU, PMU, and on our field projects, working to establish and support approaches to monitor our portfolio of projects, distil lessons, build our network, and foster internal capacity to establish and maintain DAI as a leader in integration of robust and adaptive monitoring that is applied to improve our development results.
- Network with clients, partners and external consultant to enhance client awareness of DAI services and capabilities.
- Cultivate client relationships and support early positioning for upcoming bids (in conjunction with BDU and PMU) and representing DAI’s experience and capabilities.
- Lead the integration of M&E into priority bids, ensuring technical direction and feasibility of proposed approaches and teams, including writing technical sections and/or provide input for client proposals.
- Lead and oversee Technical Services Team, including line management and Objective setting and monitoring of direct reports, including client assignments, bid and proposal time, thought leadership, and other overhead time.
- Support quality assurance directly or by assigning a team member to serve as a resource to DAI Europe’s portfolio.
- Provide Technical Support (directly or through team delegation) for project delivery and ensure sound programmatic review, including systematic review of theories of change and logical frameworks, and key performance indicators, in Quarterly Project Reviews (QPRs), in conjunction with PMU.
- Provide support to team leaders, PMU and Business Development efforts, serving as a primary in-house technical specialist and resource in respective area.
- Lead 3-4 key M&E related initiatives for projects serving as Technical Director/Key Advisor
- Support projects to meet or surpass agreed development results.
- Support DAI’s strategic initiative on Managing for Development Results
- Coach and mentor DAI teams on key technical and management topics and work to develop the teams corresponding technical skills to support clients who require technical assistance.
- Recruit high quality technical staff for effective project implementation and business development by cultivating networks of partner firms and consultants.
- Co-ordinate with broader DAI M&E specialists (USG/Global) on priority areas for thought leadership, defined here as sharing insights and ideas on topics of importance to current and potential clients in ways than can be applied to DAI’s portfolio and to development work more broadly.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Post Graduate Degree in relevant field (i.e. International Development, Economics, Public Administration)
- Overseas working experience in a development environment alongside experience working with major European and International Donors.
- Commercially astute with demonstrable aptitude in client service and management
- Solid understanding of proposal development, project management systems and standards and best practice in respective technical area.
- Proven negotiation skills
- Track record in managing teams to deliver goals and achieve targets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Driven and motivated combined with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally to deliver against programme and business targets thus achieving the goals of DAI Europe.
- Flexibility, versatile and tolerant in a changing work environment with the ability to work effectively under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Driven and motivated to establish and deliver against programme and business targets.
Preferred Qualifications .
- Additional language skills would be advantageous but not essential
Travel will be required to any of DAI’s operating locations.
Competitive salary, commensurate with relevant experience. Generous benefits package includes company pension scheme, private health scheme, life assurance, income protection, company bonus scheme and contribution to gym membership.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the EEA.
If this sounds interesting and you would like to be part of DAI’s growing business we look forward to hearing from you. Closing date for applications is Monday 31st October 2016. Interviews will be held progressively.