IRC’s Revenue department is responsible for the global delivery of the International Rescue Committee’s financial resources, and plays an important strategic role in the creation of its brand, awareness and support for its advocacy goals. The IRC’s strategy centers on its ambition to continue to improve the scale and effectiveness of IRC programs worldwide with evidence of what works best to impact people’s lives in conflict and fragile settings. Revenue comprises colleagues and teams delivering government funding, marketing, account management, leadership gifts, board liaison, corporate partnerships and communications to support this work. Primarily these colleagues are located in the USA – but IRC plans to significantly expand its global Revenue footprint in the coming years.
Revenue is at the beginning stages of creating a new radical and ambitious strategy that will enhance IRC’s ability to ‘punch above its weight’ in income and awareness. We are building a new culture and supporting our colleagues in their efforts to deliver transformational and best in class work. At the same time – believing that the roots of success lie in a high performance team and culture – we need to build our internal infrastructure – ensure we build a strong global team, the dynamic culture, forward thinking ethos, and 21st century reporting, operational and business management practices that will help IRC achieve its ambitious goals.
The Director, Database and Gift Management (Salesforce) provides direction and management to ensure high quality database administration and operations, including overseeing and providing support for all donor-related database systems, including global and private and public sector data.
They are accountable for ensuring high quality data capture, gift and financial transaction processing, record-keeping on donor giving and relationship history, financial reporting and reconciliation, and database systems administration, training and support.
They are a dynamic, self-motivated and hands-on leader who will inspire and challenge colleagues to drive necessary business change and deliver on key strategic goals.
- Administer and manage the operation of IRC’s constituent database (Salesforce), including overseeing system administration, providing ongoing user support, performing systems upgrades, providing training, and handling routine ad-hoc systems support and enhancement requests.
- Administer and manage the related data warehouse infrastructure (MYSQL database, scheduling and ETL tools, and key integrations).
- Partner closely with technology and IT staff to develop, implement, operationalize and optimize new systems and features.
- Ensure effective CRM user support, drive adoption, and provide ongoing training
- Establish and improve standard processes and workflows, including to increase the efficiency and accuracy of data flow between internal and external systems.
- Ensure that all gift processing and record-keeping is conducted in compliance with all applicable IRS, legal, credit card industry and IRC internal audit and IT standards, including the work of internal staff and external vendors.
- Provide regular financial reporting, reconciliation and analysis in accordance with IRC Finance requirements.
- Partner with leaders across the Revenue department to establish and maintain clear data standards, protocols and process documentation.
- Ensure that impeccable records on donors are maintained (valid addresses, preferences, contact history, etc.) and that high quality data is available to support high-touch donor relationship building, acknowledgment, stewardship and solicitation efforts.
- Support the production of standard and custom reports and outputs, including ensuring that accurate data is provided to support complex campaign segmentation and other marketing strategies.
- Partner with key colleagues in the Awards Management Unit and IRC Europe to advance global data strategies, improving the management of data on private and public sector donors and funding in the U.S. and beyond.
- Proactively work on continuous data quality improvements to ensure that transaction and contact history supports real-time decision making.
- Maintain diligent cost control measures and proactively identify opportunities to reduce business costs.
- Ensure confidentiality and security of donor data, including partnering with IT and Finance to ensure PCI compliance.
- Supervise an internal team of six, providing strong management and mentorship. Systematically review and optimize job responsibilities and work routines to adapt to rapidly evolving strategies and priorities across the Revenue department.
- Manage the relationship with IRC’s lockbox vendor
- Partner with the Senior Director, Data and Analytics to set annual and regular project goals, deliverables and key outcomes for projects and work.
Bachelors Degree; Masters Degree preferred
- 7+ years experience managing a large-scale CRM, donor or member database with at least 500,000 to 1,000,000 records.
- Directly relevant professional experience managing database operations and high volume gift processing for a complex, large not-for-profit organization.
- 5+ years supervisory experience managing a large internal team
- Experience managing vendor relationships and maximizing productivity of external vendors and consultants
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Deep and wide-ranging knowledge of international non-profits, and a full spectrum of fundraising, constituent/prospect management, and marketing disciplines.
- Advanced experience with Salesforce (Administrator and/or Developer certifications a plus).
- Demonstrated experience with SQL databases/administration, and advanced technical skills including proficiency with Excel and MS Office tools.
- Broad knowledge of fundraising databases, workflows, documentation, data integrity, quality control, financial controls and audits, PII security and privacy compliance, and legal regulations related to non-profit fundraising.
- Strong management skills.
- Ability to translate broad strategic vision into specific actionable short- and long-term objectives, including the ability to respond quickly to new opportunities and changes in priorities.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to devise creative solutions to complex problems and issues
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple competing deadlines, and move projects from concept to completion on time and within budget.
- Organized, highly detail-oriented, and able to work in a fast paced environment and deal with pressure and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain positive, collaborative, productive relationships with diverse key stakeholders across the organization
- Strong and persuasive interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with senior non-expert colleagues
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Sound judgment in maintaining confidentiality of donor and key internal business information
- Passion for and commitment to the IRC’s mission
Standard office work environment.