Eurasia Group, an independent advisory and consulting firm specializing in global political risk
analysis, is seeking a Director of Communications to be based in our New York headquarters. Eurasia Group provides the marketplace with a comprehensive and integrated set of political risk solutions. Our clients range from macro hedge funds to institutional investors, from family businesses to the world’s largest multinational corporations. What they all share is a desire to better manage the risks and opportunities that flow from politics. For more information, please visit our website at www.eurasiagroup.net.
This individual will have a multi-faceted strategic role, encompassing global oversight and direct management of media relations, social media strategy, marketing/branding, public relations, and internal communications.
Media Relations & Social Media Strategy
- Frequent coordination with the company’s president on the overarching communications priorities of the firm as well as the strategic deployment of the principal in the media (including close management of top media requests and relationships)
- Liaise with Eurasia Group research analysts and external journalists, editors and producers in responding to incoming media requests and conducting strategic media outreach to maintain the firm’s position as a leading voice on global politics and current events
- Manage relationships with key media partners
- Oversee drafting and distribution of press releases; organize press conferences and develop strategy around press events as needed
- Manage team responsible for daily media monitoring
- Manage team responsible for social media content generation
Marketing & Client Service
- Develop and execute media and marketing plans for large-scale campaigns, including Eurasia Group’s flagship annual Top Risks Report, book launches and client events
- Liaise with Eurasia Group’s graphic designers, editorial team and research teams to ensure coordination of brand image, voice and analytical calls across social media platforms, Eurasia Group website and various marketing materials
- Lead communications components of new product launches and complex client deliverables
Public Relations & Internal Communications:
- Manage rapid response and crisis communications strategy in coordination with relevant stakeholders
- Serve as key member of Eurasia Group’s internal Communications Committee, which is responsible for conceiving and drafting various internal communications, including firmwide presentations, major personnel announcements and rollouts of firmwide initiatives
- Serve on Eurasia Group’s internal Operating Committee, which is responsible for operationalizing firmwide strategy and keeping the firm running smoothly
- Maintain and provide training on Eurasia Group media and social media policies
- Must have at least 7-10 years of experience in PR/media relations and/or communications/marketing in a professional services or relevant non-profit environment.
- Marketing, event planning, and client management experience are a plus
- Must have knowledge of and interest in international affairs, political science, and economics
- Must be familiar with and have relationships with mainstream print, online and broadcast media outlets globally, with a particular focus on the US, Europe and Japan, as relevant to international affairs and business
- Must be an impeccable communicator with an executive presence and ability to work with a sense of urgency, discretion and professionalism in high pressure situations.
- Sophisticated understanding of how to leverage social media to accomplish strategic communications objectives
- Excellent relationship, people and project management skills
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced consulting environment where both traditional and social media strategy are key components of brand building and marketing
- Must be comfortable operating in a global environment with key stakeholders dispersed across multiple geographies
- Must be eligible for employment in the United States and available to work in Eurasia Group’s New York City office, including a possible remote start under current conditions
Perks of working at Eurasia Group:
- An amazing mission – to help our clients capitalize on the opportunities and manage the risks created by the impact of politics on markets around the world
- The opportunity to work with a talented and entrepreneurial team in a global environment
- Flexible work environment, with contemporary offices located in New York (Flatiron), DC (Dupont Circle), London (Clerkenwell), Tokyo (Marunouchi), Singapore (CBD) and São Paulo (Faria Lima)
- PTO bank of 23 days, 10 paid holidays and 2 summer Fridays
- A strong belief in work-life balance
- Competitive salary plus incentive compensation plan
- Employee referral bonus program that begins at $1,000
Eurasia Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.