Leading poverty-fighting charity CARE has embarked on its first ever major comprehensive campaign – ‘For Good’ with a bold goal to deliver $2 billion to power program impact. Rarely do opportunities come along that combines innovation, social impact, and fundraising transformation on a global scale – this is one! CARE seeks a leader who will build trust among internal stakeholders, execute the campaign vision, develop buy-in for a campaign delivery and monitor outputs to deliver on our ambitious goals.
This brand new role will report directly to the Chief Revenue Officer who has overall accountability for the campaign’s success. The person in this role will use agile, iterative, human-centered design approaches and work with all levels of the organization to assess current fundraising processes and re-imagine them in the context of the donor-centric platform.
The Director of Campaign for Good, will work across key teams to change internal behavior so that we are set up to succeed – breaking down silos and developing collective responsibility. The scope of CARE’s campaign includes Major Gifts, Corporations, Major Gifts, Mass Market, and USG Government donors, who are impassioned constituents dedicated to advancing CAREs strategic initiatives – many in the world’s most impoverished and challenging environments.
With the initial phase of the campaign largely completed and 29% of our goal raised, this role will manage the public phase of the campaign and work closely with leaders in Fundraising, Marketing and the Office of the President to deliver successful cut through and supporter acquisition. This position will manage overall campaign performance, including the setup and ongoing monitoring of the Key Performance Indicator (KPI) dashboard working with accountable leads to modify activity where necessary. This includes working closely with the Director of Multiplying Impact and the Finance team to prioritize our fundraising efforts and deliver smart funding.
S/he will lead on internal communication planning and execution – working with internal communications to keep the organization informed, excited and engaged. The Director, Campaign for Good, will lead cross-functional delivery teams composed of staff and external partners to develop winning proposals that will help us deliver significant gifts. In addition, the position is responsible for managing external implementation partners through iterative processes to maximize the value of CARE’s investment.
- Drive campaign strategy and execution
- Work directly with the Chief Revenue Officer to maintain and manage the roadmap for the campaign and lead organization-wide processes to drive successful campaign execution with stakeholders
- Implementation Management
- Manage and maintain working relationships with multiple vendors, review contract terms, SOWs, etc., to ensure integration and coordination between these partners and positive outcomes for CARE
- Change Management
- Work with Executive Leaders to champion the campaign vision effectively to both senior staff and frontline fundraisers to develop the cultural and business process norms that increase effectiveness.
- Drive interest and agreement on a wide and diverse set of stakeholders spanning multiple levels and locations within the organization
- Communications and Outreach
- Maintain a constant pulse on the market, a full understanding of trends impacting the fundraising industry, and drive addition and extension of campaign capabilities to support organization strategy
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 10 – 15 years of fundraising experience, including proposal writing, prospect development, project management, and donor stewardship
- Demonstrated experience with fundraising and management of donor portfolios of five and six figure gifts
- A proven track record of success in implementing a comprehensive campaign and fundraising strategy
- Demonstrated success in a fast-paced environment where multi-tasking and priority-setting abilities are critical to the success of the campaign
- Demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to problem solve
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams without positional authority