100% – Geneva
Purpose of the post
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) http://www.icrc.org responds to worldwide humanitarian needs through its global network of delegations. The ICRC is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Swiss German speaking marketing professional with a strong interest in humanitarian work to join our fundraising team. The Direct Marketing Officer will play an active role developing high quality mailings and products for the Swiss market to increase the number of new donors and build engagement, loyalty and value with individual supporters. These products may also be used by other parts of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Working closely with the Supporter Development Manager, help to develop and implement the annual plans according to the results of previous campaigns, financial and humanitarian needs and supporters’ behaviour.
- Create content and manage the implementation of specific campaigns, follow-up the process of creation of mailings and magazines (copywriting, validation, editing, translation, layout, production, analysis).
- Integrate direct mail campaigns with other channels, working closely with colleagues within Private Fundraising and the Communications Department.
- Develop and implement new Direct Marketing products.
- Everyday management of the relationship with various external suppliers
- Ensure that all activities accurately reflect and are sensitive to ICRC operational priorities.
Education and experience required
- A university degree or an equivalent combination of education or experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in marketing, including 1-2 years experience in print production
- Demonstrable track record of content development and project management in previous employment
- Experience in fundraising an asset
Desired profile and skills
- Native Swiss German speaker
- Excellent writer and communicator (in both the written and verbal form). Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it
- Fluent English essential, French highly desirable
- Creative skills, with a good understanding of the production process
- Experience of interacting and negotiating with suppliers/agencies and internal stakeholders
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from dat
- Enthusiasm, team spirit and open minded
- Proven project management capabilities and organizational skills
- Personal resilience, ability to work against tight deadlines and budgets in a fast-paced environment, keeping a keen eye on detail and accuracy
- Ability to operate in complex international organizations
- Passion for humanitarian work and strong commitment to the mission of the ICRC
To apply for the post, please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post, and your suitability for this role, along with your CV/resume (no photos) in English in strict confidence BY EMAIL ONLY by Friday, 28th October 2016 to the following address: email@example.com.
Please ensure that they are sent as Word documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV”. Please put “ICRC – Direct Marketing Officer – Application” in the email subject line and also state how you found out about the job announcement.
Only applications sent to this email address will be considered. If you do not receive a reply within one month, then please assume that your application has not been shortlisted.