Global Ministries, the worldwide mission, humanitarian assistance, and development agency of the United Methodist Church seeks a Digital Media Producer to gather, curate and produce the captivating stories of the people, projects and programs that promote Who We Are and What We Do around the world. We seek a talented, innovative, globally-minded individual who is passionate about telling the stories of those who are most vulnerable. Knowledge of the latest and most effective trends and tools in digital content creation (memes, animated gifts, short form written stories, short videos) and distribution required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Collaborate with program areas, missionaries, and United Methodist Committee on Relief staff to generate authentic stories ideas based on Global Ministries’ strategic vision and priorities.
· Create captivating content for GM websites and e-newsletter in a timely manner.
· Create and produce video stories, graphics, and animated gifs for use on all digital and social channels.
· Assist with pre-production and production of live events on Facebook, Twitter and Periscope.
· Regularly assess analytics to determine user reach and engagement with all created content.
· Special projects or other duties as assigned.
· Work with Communications, Advance, and Fundraising project manager and program area liaisons to create and maintain strategic content calendar.
· Ability to take an idea, theme, or topic and craft it into short or long form story for digital media platforms.
· Strong writing skills required. Must have a clear understanding of ways to craft narrative in inspiring and captivating ways.
· Must be flexible, patient, kind, and willing to be transparent and yet diplomatic in all communications.
· Desire to learn new technologies quickly and apply in daily communications tasks.
· Strong organizational, project management, and coordination skills.
· Proven analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills essential.
· Ability to synthesize and communicate complex information in easy to understand and engaging ways.
· Must possess strong editing skills and be able to accurately edit own work.
· Ability to think strategically, work independently and in groups, and follow instruction with minimal intervention from executive management.
· Ability to communicate well in a variety of settings and to function in a diverse workforce.
· Understand and respect the cultural, religious, and political environment and use diplomacy when working with the staff and local partners.
· A drive and competitiveness to build a successful digital strategy from the ground up
· Sense of humor preferred.
· Knowledge of Chicago manual of style required.
· Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite CC including but not limited to: Acrobat Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dream Weaver, After Effects, and Premiere. Social Media apps and tools: Facebook, Twitter, bitly, Instagram, and Canva. Website platforms: knowledge of open source and priority platforms preferred, HTML, and web-based form creation.