Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
For further information about the association: http://www.handicap-international.fr/
Present in more than 55 countries, Handicap International is composed of 2 operational directions:
– The Direction of Humanitarian Action
– The Direction of Development Action
JOB CONTEXT :
Handicap International (HI) has been present in Afghanistan since the 1980’s, initially in the refugee camps in Pakistan and later in 1996 through the establishment of a national program in Afghanistan. Its work was initially centred on anti-mine actions, particularly in the South and West regions, and physical rehabilitation via an orthopaedic-fitting and rehabilitation centre in Kandahar. It has since expanded the scope of its work to include support to disabled people’s organizations and the economic and social inclusion of people with disabilities, including landmines and explosive remnants of war’s survivors. Today, Handicap International Afghanistan works in the Southern (Kandahar and Helmand), Western (Herat) and Central (Kabul) regions of Afghanistan, thus covering more than half of the people with disabilities in the country. Handicap International in Afghanistan currently operates projects both through local partners and directly, these are managed by about 200 national staff in three locations, two bases (Kandahar and Herat) and Kabul main office.
The position is created following an internal reorganization and the creation of a “Deputy Development Projects Coordinator” (DDPC) national position.
Based in Kabul, as Development projects coordinator, under the supervision of the Country Director (CD) and in link with the DDPC, you will:
• Supervise, manage and build the capacity of the DDPC.
• Supervise and manage directly the project managers in Kabul & the Base Coordinators (Herat & Kandahar)
• Support the implementation of HI projects in Afghanistan in a pro-active and supportive way, within framework of HI’s Monitoring an Evaluation Policy
• Contribute to development of new projects in line with programme strategy
• Develop and maintain positive and constructive relationships and co-operation between HI Project Management Teams and other departments, partners and any relevant actors
• Contribute with the Director of Programme in the development of programme’s strategy and, when needed, donor liaison
Your responsibilities will be the following:
• Support to strategic Programme Management and Projects Development
• Supervision and support on project implementation and project management methodology to ensure quality implementation of projects within framework of HI’s donors’ requirements (quality, policies and guidelines)
• Assure reporting to ensure its quality in line with donors’ and HI requirements
• Networking and partnership coordination to ensure high visibility of HI to support project implementation and development
• Manage and build capacities staff under direct supervision to ensure each team members receive adequate orientation and support to carry on expected tasks
• You hold a master degree in project cycle management or international development
• You have 3 to 5 years’ experience in advanced Project Management
• You have experience in close cooperation with project local stakeholders and you are familiar with donors regulations (EU and ECHO)
• You demonstrate excellent communication and writing (proposals and reporting) capacities in English
• You master advanced MS Office
• You are dynamic, highly flexible and autonomous and know how to manage multi-cultural teams
All applications in their diversity will be carefully reviewed.
• Experience with HI and knowledge of its fields of action and approaches
• Experience in working in Islamic contexts/in Central Asia
English : Fluent
The position is based in Kabul with some travel to HI bases in Kandahar and Herat. Regarding the security context, limited recreational and leisure activities are available.
Accommodation is in a secure guest house, close to the office, with other expatriates. Common accommodation with a partner can be arranged if both work for international organizations with matching security regulations. The guesthouse is spacious with independent rooms; however acceptance of collective life is required. There is a cook (except during the weekends) and other staff who do the laundry and cleaning.
– Salary from 2757€ gross/month
– Perdiem : 442€ net/month
– Hardship allowance : 500€/month net
– Insurances : medical health coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
– Paid holiday : 25 days + 10 local public holiday per year
– R&R : 5 days every 6 weeks out of the country + if 1 year contractas period of R&R will be extended with 5 days of remote work from the R&R location
– shared guest house taken in charge by HI/accommodation with a partner can be arranged under conditions.