QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
- Provide logistical support for workshops, meetings, stakeholder consultations, and training related to monitoring, evaluation, stakeholder consultation, program information dissemination, and development outreach
- Ensure capability to partner with local entities that can provide outreach and communication services and assist with public relations, media, marketing, video production, etc.
- Liaise with implementing partners, under the guidance of the DOC unit, to solicit information and provide them with the needed support in event planning, campaign development, storytelling, media relations, and social media posting, among others.
- Provide daily and weekly media monitoring reports to highlight local coverage of USAID activities or any mention of USAID in mainstream media outlets.
- Support USAID Lebanon DOC unit in the implementation of USAID Lebanon’s communications and outreach strategy to achieve maximum exposure and understanding of U.S. development efforts among Lebanese audiences. This includes event management, public relations, media outreach, report development, photography, video production, advertising, and translations, etc
- Support implementing partners (who receive USAID funding) in addressing issues related to Mission and Agency communications and outreach priorities, messaging, dissemination methods, branding and marking plans, event planning, and communications and media policies
- Work with USAID Lebanon’s DOC unit to expand opportunities to keep TV, radio and other media abreast of USAID Lebanon programs through the planning and promotion of targeted media or outreach activities
- Travel to the field to support the identification and capture of success stories, photos, and videos about USAID Lebanon programs and impact for publication and dissemination through various platforms
- Support the USAID DOC unit in developing and implementing social media campaigns to promote the various USAID project milestones
- Support the monitoring of local and international press coverage, awareness and attitudes about USAID programs, and monitor the effectiveness of messaging
- Translating articles from Arabic to English and reviewing Arabic press releases
- A bacehlor’s degree in Journalism, Communication, Advertising and Marketing, English literature or relevant field
- 3-5 years’ experience in the communications field is required
- Knowledge of international development work and the local media landscape is desirable
- Demonstrated experience in report writing, event planning, and social media content development
- Strong interpersonal and oral communications and presentation skills
- Native proficiency in spoken and written English is required. Must be able to use the language fluently and accurately and be able to read all styles and forms on all levels pertinent to professional needs
- Experience working with a diverse group of stakeholders, including donor/development organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, and project beneficiaries
- An intermediate level of Arabic language proficiency is required
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
A submitted application to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal, indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client at least on an illustrative named basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.