Overview of AJWS
American Jewish World Service (AJWS) is the leading Jewish organization working to fight poverty and pursue justice in the developing world. By supporting hundreds of social change organizations in 19 countries, we respond to the most pressing issues of our time—from disasters, genocide and hunger, to the persecution of women and minorities worldwide. With Jewish values and a global reach, AJWS is making a difference in millions of lives and bringing a more just and equitable world closer for all.
The role of the Development Officer, Donor Engagement is to provide administrative, planning, recruitment and execution support for 3 – 5 Study Tours, international donor trips, per year. The position is responsible for developing program materials, communicating with major donors about travel, managing the Study Tour Alumni Network, and managing all administrative functions for the program. The ideal candidate for this position will have a deep commitment to AJWS’s mission, be able to manage detailed logistics on multiple projects, have strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills. Ability to travel and strong writing, editing and critical-thinking skills are essential.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Study Tour – donor travel program
- Create invitation and marketing materials for Study Tour program in partnership with colleagues in Communications Division. Materials include but are not limited to web text, registration forms and documents, narrative schedule, pre-trip educational materials, email invitations, postcards, flyers, personalized outreach, post-trip thank you notes, post-trip group email updates, post-trip photobook;
- Manage Study Tour Alumni Network, including post-trip communications plan, e‐mail updates, Facebook group and in‐person re‐engagement opportunities;
- Communicate with major donors about travel, plan post-trip fundraising strategies in partnership with Major Gift Officers and create field updates for donors in partnership with Programs and Communications Divisions;
- Manage all administrative functions for the Study Tour program including but not limited to all data management in Salesforce, ordering materials and tracking inventory, collecting participant forms, managing online payment, creating and mailing orientation packets, submitting requests for prospect research, technology and cash advances, scheduling and preparing staff prep meeting, supporting traveling staff;
- Support the Director of Donor Engagement with planning and implementation of donor concierge trips.
Events and Special Projects
- Provide support for major donor events including, but not limited to, data management, vendor relations, program and content development and recruitment strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree a plus;
- Proven excellence in writing and communication;
- 2+ years of administrative, program development, travel coordinating or event coordinating experience; Strong preference given to those with travel planning experience.
- Fundraising or non‐profit experience highly desirable;
- Must be an organized self‐starter with acute attention to detail;
- Must be a creative, flexible team player able to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing work environment;
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, sometimes with competing or tight deadlines;
- Willingness to work occasional evenings, weekends and early morning hours as events require;
- Able to travel for up to 10 days at a time to the Global South;
- Knowledge of Raisers Edge and Salesforce software preferred.
People of color; lesbian, gay, bisexual, intersex, trans and gender non-conforming people; women; and differently abled people are encouraged to apply. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, intellectual and cultural backgrounds.
Authorization to work in the US is required.
How to Apply:
For immediate consideration, apply below. Please put your name in the title of both documents.
Applications submitted without a resume and personalized cover letter will not be considered.