The mission of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF) is to cure cystic fibrosis and to provide all people with the disease the opportunity to lead full, productive lives by funding research, promoting individualized treatment, and ensuring access to high-quality, specialized care. We have invested hundreds of millions of dollars into CF research and drug development, the results of these bold investments have been astonishing. A few decades ago, most people with CF didn’t live long enough to attend elementary school. Today, many people born with CF are living into their 30s, 40s, and beyond.
Would you like to go to work every day knowing that your work is important and effective? Do you want to go home every day knowing that you have made a difference?
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, the world’s leader in the search for a cure for cystic fibrosis, and one of the most innovative and successful organizations of its kind is seeking a Development Manager in our Rocky Mountain Chapter office located in Denver, CO.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop fundraising plans and budgets
- Recruit and cultivate leadership volunteers, sponsors, and event participants
- Build and manage volunteer core, provide strategic direction and oversee all aspects of fundraising plans pertaining to assigned events such as (Dinner Dance, and Golf Tournament).
- Assist in launching new events, campaigns, or other programs
- Engage in continuous short-term and long-term revenue planning
- Identify prospective board members and individual donors
- Identify, recruit/renew, and cultivate/steward new and veteran corporate sponsors, committee members, team leaders, honorees, chairs, and volunteers for assigned events/campaigns/initiatives
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Someone with passion who is motivated and driven to contribute to the overall mission of our Foundation
- Minimum of 3 years of fundraising/sales experience
- Four-year degree or equivalent education/experience
- Develop and manage budgets while growing revenues and managing expenses
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong volunteer recruitment and management skills
- Availability to work nights and weekends as necessary to attend meetings and events
- Strong networking, community engagement and relationship building skills
- A team player – comfortable working in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet deadlines, strength in attention to detail
WHAT WE OFFER:
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation recognizes the importance of employees taking care of their health and safety needs and those of their families. The Foundation strives to create and maintain a balanced work schedule for its employees and promotes quality of life through its varying benefits.
- Competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision healthcare insurance
- 401K Plan
- Employee discounts on electronics (Dell computers, AT&T, and Verizon)
- Employee discounts on travel, hotels, car rentals, theme parks, auto, child care, etc.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Early release on Fridays in the summer and before major holidays
- Business casual work environment
- Competitive salaries commensurate with experience
This is a unique opportunity to direct your energy and talents towards achieving a “life enhancing” mission, while benefitting from the resources and support of a highly regarded national non-profit organization.
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation offers an excellent salary and benefits package. Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to http://www.cff.org under “Careers.”