Under the responsibility of the team leader, he or she shall provide effective support on the following areas:
• Support to PFM matters:
11. Effectively assist MDPAC through the Economic and Productive Sector Division in PFM matters concerning the NDS and MTDP processes, the proposed SIIFF, national planning processes, donor funding and other key MDPAC functions.
12. Support MDPAC in their participation in the Technical Economic Working Group and in the Core Economic Working Group (CEWG), and facilitating summary outcomes to stakeholders as necessary, for example, EU Delegation in Suva if no one is attending.
13. Assist MDPAC follow-up on the PFM Roadmap, and on the policy reform matrix of the CEWG.
• Support to the Budget support programme implementation:
14. Effectively support the Line Ministries implementing EU budget support programmes. This may involve preparation of the disbursement file together with the Environmental Health Division, and under the supervision of the support unit of the NAO and guidance of the EU Delegation in Fiji.
15. Assist MDPAC to prepare monthly reporting on the tasks related to the CEWG, TEWG and Budget Support programmes to MDPAC Management and the EU Delegation in Suva, Fiji.
• Support to Policy dialogue, transition strategy, aid management information:
16. Assist MDPAC to effectively to dialogues for advancing policy and institutional reforms in the areas of Planning, Programming, Governance, Regulations, and Private Sector Participation.
17. Assist in the development and implementation of the Solomon Islands Integrated Financing Framework (SIIFF) with SIG, Development Partners, Private Sector Organizations, Civil Society Organizations and Faith-Based Organizations.
18. Assist in coordinating the preparation and management of the transition strategy for the SI graduation from LDC.
19. Provide support to MDPAC to effectively manage its Aid Management Information System by ensuring that it is fully functional and meets its purpose.
a) Qualifications and skills:
Advanced university degree (at least Master Degree) in Economics, Finance, Strategic Planning, Public administration, Governance or any field relevant to the tasks of expert 2 (refer to section 4.2 above). OR a bachelor degree in one of the above subjects with an additional three years of professional experience (on top of the required Professional experience described below).
Teamwork – experience in multicultural environments.
Planning and Organizing:
– ability to integrate processes into Operational Planning manuals, planning procedures and key priority areas
– ability to implement a workplan ensuring that deadlines are met, and results delivered, adjusting workplan as necessary.
Communication – strong oral and written communication skills in English language. Ability to draft/edit reports and studies with a clear and concise style.
Advanced computer literacy – including proficiency in word processing, Excel, spreadsheets and other database applications as well as in complex management systems.
b) General professional experience:
8 years of professional experience in developing, advising on Government or/and organisation strategic plans and strategies. Out of the 8 years of professional experience required above, a combination of the following is required:
5 years working experience in handling and advising on macroeconomics, fiscal policy and public budgeting issues in developing countries as per OECD DAC list of ODA Recipients.
2 years working experience in conducting and facilitating policy dialogue and negotiations in promoting PFM and good governance, as well as promoting programmatic linkages between stakeholders.
3 years working experience relating to promotion of effective communication on strategic documents and their implementation, as well as working with information and database management.
c) Specific professional experience:
The specific professional experience can be additional or comprised in the above 8 years of general professional experience.
Demonstrated experience (through at least two professional assignments) of the operational policies, procedures and practices of the Government and major bilateral or multilateral organisations active in the region.
At least three previous professional assignments with EU/other donors budget support programme.