Function of the Position:
Development Coordinators will be assigned to the MENA region and will support the work of the Business Development unit, Project Management unit, the Internal Audit unit, the Project Finance unit, and the Technical Services unit during a year-long rotation. Each phase has a specific set of tasks and duties that align with the responsibilities of each department. This position is most appropriate for someone who likes a fast-paced work environment, teamwork, and developing diverse responsibilities. The roles and responsibilities for each rotation are outlined below.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Phase 1 – Delivery – Project Management (6 months)
- Under the guidance of Regional Finance and Operational Manager (RFOM), provides backstopping and support to projects in an Assistant capacity, helps with day-to-day project operations, and assists with ad hoc tasks as requested by from Project Delivery Teams.
- Supports project procurement of goods and services, grant implementation and design, drafts routine contractual documents using approved templates, and assists with project recruitment, including mobilization for Long Term (LTTA) and Short Term Technical Assistant (STTA) positions.
- Processes sector and project financial transactions, as required.
Internal Audit & Project Finance – Integrated Program Phase 1
- Assists the Internal Audit team with planning and responding to requests and required research for internal and external audits and investigation.
- Reviews, evaluates, and assesses the soundness of project records and documentation.
- Actively participates in the formulation of project financial forecasts.
- Learns and utilizes key finance and operations systems as they pertain to project management.
- Works with project accountants to generate invoice to the client.
Phase 2 – Business Development (6 months)
- Supports teams developing proposals for economic, social, or political development projects in the region. DAI’s main clients are the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other US government agencies.
- Provides support to new business efforts at a variety of stages, including research and analysis, budgeting, recruitment, and logistics support.
- Undertakes other new business-related tasks as required.
- Illustrative tasks include: compiling past and on-going project experience; organizing information on potential subcontractors and resource organizations; creating charts, tables, and staffing matrices.
Technical Services – Integrated Program Phase 2
- Supports the development of technical tools to enhance project success.
- Conducts research on key technical topics.
- Contributes to technical white papers and reports.
- Shadows technical experts.
- Grade 4: Minimum one year relevant administrative experience and Bachelor’s degree, or Master’s degree.
- Demonstrated understanding of/interest in the international development field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Applications must include a CV along with a cover letter stating reasons for interest in a particular region.
- Professional working proficiency in a foreign language (Arabic preferred)
- Experience living or working internationally preferred
The anticipated start date for this position is June 17, 2019.
Supervisory Requirements: None
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. EOE – Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans