Job title: Desktop Technician
Department: Technology Integration
Based in Washington, D.C.
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI). We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing. PSI’s core values are a belief in markets and market mechanisms to contribute to sustained improvements in the lives of the poor; results and a strong focus on measurement; speed and efficiency with a predisposition to action and an aversion to bureaucracy; decentralization and empowering our staff at the local level; and a long term commitment to the people we serve. PSI has programs in more then 60 countries. For more information, please visit www.psi.org.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
We are looking for a Desktop Technician who will be responsible for providing software, hardware and AV support to employees in our Washington, DC office. This position is based in Washington, D.C., and the IT Technician reports to the IT Technical Support Manager.
He/she will demonstrate excellent customer service, organizational, and administrative skills; the ability to work efficiently under limited supervision; an ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks within deadlines; demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team; and full capacity for problem‐solving.
- Provide desktop support with trouble-shooting computer and printer issues related to hardware, software and connectivity in a Windows 7/8/10, Mac OS, Active Directory, MS Office , and Office 365
- Assist users with day to day support requests with computers, mobile devices, software installations, conference rooms, conference calls, etc.
- Work closely with the Facilities department on all shared responsibilities such as conference room audio‐visual equipment and multi‐function
- Prepare computers for deployment to end‐users, including configuration and set‐ Load required software, operating systems and components. Deliver, set up systems and assist users with login and personalization.
- Monitor managed services provider help desk system to ensure timely and accurate support. Follow up on requests needing onsite
- Conduct orientations and trainings for employees to effectively use IT services.
- Will require scheduled after hours and weekend network / system Responsible for rotational after hours on‐call availability.
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
Pragmatism:You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt
Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin
The minimum requirements for this position are as follows:
- Associate degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- General knowledge of Information Technology concepts and procedures
- Minimum 1 year experience supporting employees on a corporate network
- Must have fundamentals of Windows/Mac operating systems
- Must have experience with the Microsoft Office suite for PC and Mac
- Must have strong organizational skills and multi‐tasking capabilities, excellent communication skills and demonstrated time management
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs of equipment unassisted.
- Fluency in English is Fluency in French/Spanish is a plus.
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or call (202)785-0072.