PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Design and Innovation Lead to be part of a fast-paced and iterative human-centered design project, Living Labs, to increase motivation of immunization health workers in Zambia. The Living Labs initiative will accelerate health innovation by building on existing human-centered design expertise in the countries where PATH works. While the Living Labs are being established with a focus on applying rapid ideation to enhance the motivation of frontline immunization workers in sub-Saharan Africa, PATH also expects the project to gain learnings from and impact adjacent health challenges and geographies.
We are seeking a creative, passionate design and behavior change professional seeking to grow their career while making a difference in people’s lives. This role will work with the Lead Product Manager and a team of creative designers on a rapidly iterative project focused on testing solutions to motivate health workers to improve performance. We are looking for someone who is ready to jump in to a fast-paced project and fearlessly share and test ideas.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Gather, analyze, and document user requirements and process mapping towards solution co-creation and testing as need arises.
- Translate user needs into actionable specifications, managing vendor relationships and product expectations.
- Provide technical support to team members as may be required during implementation of HCD activities
- Participate in actual HCD activities as possible
- Responsible for clear communication of roles/ assigned tasks to each team member
- Communicate to Lead Product Manager about task burden experienced by individual team members and/ or the team
- Promote adherence to IRB and regulatory approvals in the implementation of activities
- Monitor, document and communicate all potential and real violations
- Model PATH values in all activities
- Actively participates and leads discussions or knowledge sharing and communication across the Living Labs initiative and PATH HCD.
- Drives the development of usability engineering plans, evaluation designs, develops tools aligned with protocols, conducts analysis of qualitative and quantitative data, provides leadership and support to project or activity reporting of data and information
- Works closely with internal stakeholders to define analytic objectives, interpret results, and determine next steps for analyses.
- Performance leader for Design and Innovation Specialists
- Ensure equity in assignment of tasks
- Facilitate involvement of team members in planning and decision making on matters related to activity implementation
- Guide, manage, and mentor design and innovation specialists to ideate, prototype, and test solutions to improve delivery of health service delivery in rapid iteration
- Coordinate relationship with program owner.