Chemonics is seeking a Deputy Team Lead for the Partnership Fund for a Resilient Ukraine (PFRU). The purpose of the Partnership Fund for a Resilient Ukraine (PFRU) is to support the long-term sustainable development of communities affected by the ongoing conflict in eastern and southern Ukraine, prevent further escalation of the conflict, increase the resilience of communities and help to prepare the conditions for social, economic and political reintegration. The PFRU and its delivery partners will implement activities covering economic growth, service delivery and dialogue promotion.
The Deputy Team Leader, Finance and Operations is responsible for overseeing all operations, including fund administration and compliance, procurement, logistics, budgeting, financial, human resources, and property management. The position ensures that the programme is implemented in accordance with Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) regulations as described in the prime contract, Chemonics policies and procedures, and Ukrainian law. The position provides overall leadership for the operations of the program and promotes capacity building of project staff to ensure successful implementation in support of PFRU’s objectives. The Deputy Team Leader, Finance and Operations will work under the direction of and report to PFRU’s Team Leader.
The Deputy Team Leader, Finance and Operations will carry out, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Oversee all programme operations including funds administration, procurement, logistics, human resources, logistics, budgeting, financial and property and asset management
- Ensure that PFRU is implemented in accordance with FCDO regulations, Chemonics policies and procedures, and Ukrainian law
- Ensure that the most reasonable, fair, expeditious, and appropriate procurement choices are made pursuant to Chemonics policies and FCDO regulations
- Supervise finance and operations team and day-to-day and field presence in all areas of operations (including project facilities such as office space, equipment, and project vehicles), and oversee administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting and financial accounting and may act as the Team Leader when s/he is absent from the programme.
- Supervise daily financial operations of the programme, including cash flow management, timesheet recording, reporting to FCDO and the project management unite (PMU) on financial aspects of the programme, and daily monitoring of obligations, budgets, and expenditures in consultation with the Team Leader and Deputy Team Leader, Technical
- Supervise the Fund Management Team throughout the project process, ensuring environmental compliance and adherence to FCDO grant and procurement regulations and Chemonics policies
- In coordination with the PMU, supports the recruitment, onboarding, and management of local short-term technical assistance (STTA) or consultants to support projects
- Strategise and provide capacity building, guidance, mentoring, and problem-solving support to determine the most appropriate mechanisms and realistic timelines to operationalise projects given project time frame, required client and/or Chemonics approvals and/or policies and procedures, complexity of the project, and capacity and availability of local and international organisations
- Ensure continuous liquidity for the project; handle all human resource issues; supervise the day-to-day implementation of operations transactions made under the program; and investigate and identify new ways of achieving project efficiencies
- Ensure personnel and HR, operations procurement, finance, security, IT, and logistics files and documentation are compliant, complete, and maintained as applicable in the relevant filing structure/system
- Contribute to stakeholder engagement with regards to administrative and operational factors
- Oversee travel and accommodation arrangements for all travelling PFRU staff, including international staff deployed to Ukraine and internal travel to the region
- Serve as the interface with the London-based PMU for project operational and implementation issues
- Ensure implementation of project activities in accordance with Chemonics’ code of conduct and FCDO and Chemonics policies and regulations
- Coordinate with the Chemonics London and D.C. offices as appropriate on all compliance issues, seeking legal and policy guidance on sanctions and other applicable restrictions
- Travel within designated countries, as needed, to accommodate project support
- Serve as safety and security point of contact for the programme’
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A minimum of six years of experience working on donor-funded projects in a related role and with demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Minimum of two years field experience on FCDO projects including supervising experience leading and mentoring host-country teams.
- Experience working in developing countries is required—preferably complex, high-speed, and challenging field operations.
- Experience in financial management and oversight of budgets, grants, and procurement activities.
- Demonstrated ability in managing dispersed teams in-person and remotely.
- Experience overseeing the disbursement of grants or funds to partner organizations.
- Experience with a donor, contractor/implementing partner, or international NGO managing an office is required.
- Familiarity with Chemonics, FCDO policies and procedures in regard to human resources, financial management, financial reporting, and operations procurement processes, systems, and grants management is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing program start-up under limited time constraints as well as program close-out is highly desired, but not required.
- Demonstrated experience leading donor-funded efforts in complex and politically sensitive transition or stabilization contexts, with a preference for Ukraine.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
This is a Remote position with possible relocation to Poland.
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Deputy Team Leader, Finance and Operations” in the subject line to PFRU-Recruit@chemonics.com by April 1, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.