In May 2017, USAID awarded SI the Haiti Evaluation Survey Services (ESS) contract to conduct baseline, mid-term, and final evaluations for a wide range of projects currently being implemented throughout the country, with more emphasis around USAID’s development corridors of Port-au-Prince, Saint Marc, and Cap-Haitian. The contract also includes sector assessments to inform the Mission in designing its new Strategic Framework (2018-2020).
Haiti ESS is conducting a final performance evaluation of USAID/Haiti’s six-year, Feed the Future North/ AVANSE project to inform possible future similar agriculture programming in Haiti. Lessons learned, and recommendations provided through the final report at the end of the evaluation process, should guide future programming in the agriculture sector in Haiti or elsewhere.
Haiti ESS is seeking a Haitian Sector Specialist consultant to support all technical and management aspects of the AVANSE evaluation. The Sector Specialist will be expected to work closely with a Team Leader, the Haiti ESS and SI headquarters project management teams to ensure quality and timely deliverables.
The evaluation level of effort is approximately 8 – 12 weeks, inclusive of four to five consecutive weeks of data collection and analysis in Haiti.
· Collaborate with the team leader on strategic and operational planning, to implement approved Evaluation Design, and ensure compliance with all USAID contractual reporting and financial requirements for the AVANSE evaluation;
· Participate in the design of the data collection tools, particularly ensuring cultural and sectoral appropriateness and ensure that quality data are collected and reported;
· Participate in the data collection and analysis, ensuring data quality.
· Support writing all deliverables associated with the evaluation including, but not limited, to the evaluation design (including tools) and the draft and final reports in conformity with SI and USAID regulations, and the Scope of Work.
· Manage all deadlines and record maintenance—including, but not limited to, producing notes for all qualitative data collection events for delivery to USAID.
· Provide local context and ensure achievement of deliverables.
· Assist Haiti ESS in maintaining good working relationships with USAID, Government of Haiti counterparts, local organizations, and other program partners.
· Collaborate with the SI headquarters and Haiti ESS staff with strategic and operational planning to implement the approved evaluation design.
· Minimum of a master’s degree in Agriculture-economics, Agri-business, or other relevant discipline.
· Documented track record of 5 years’ experience in leading and/or supporting evaluations and/or assessments and organizational skills necessary to successfully manage and coordinate a technical team.
· Expertise in appraisal methodologies (interviews, focus group discussions, etc.) to collect the required data in a timely manner.
· Strong background in agriculture, economics, and market analysis.
· Proven leadership and organizational skills to successfully support the team leader;
· Ability to understand and know how to foster relationships with diverse local counterparts, including government representatives, small business, civil society organizations, donors, and donor-funded implementers.
· Excellent facilitation and presentation skills with fluent spoken, written, and reading abilities in English and French.
· Sound knowledge of Haitian social, economic, and political dynamics.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Haiti to attend to contract implementation tasks.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact and specific opportunities currently available in Haiti, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.