The Deputy Regional Director for Quality and Growth (QG) works under the direction of the Senior Regional Director for AME and in close coordination with other senior staff of the International Programs, Strategic Partnerships/New Business Development, International Finance, and HR departments to help promote high quality and growth of LWR and IMA’s work in Agriculture, Climate Change, Emergency Response and Health programs.
The following are the primary duties of this position:
- Develop peer networks and institutional partnerships to increase the scale and impact of LWR and IMA’s work and meet the region’s business development targets,
- Contribute to the development of high-quality proposals related to these partnership opportunities, and
- Oversee program quality and M&E in the region.
- Develop and implement a strategy for business intelligence gathering and planning for the Asia & Middle East region
- Articulate and track a regional and/or country level strategy for leveraging investments from prioritized donors
- Cultivate relationships with non-traditional donors, e.g. investors, the private sector, impact investors, regional organizations, etc. and other relevant key stakeholders in the international humanitarian and development community
- Build networks and relationships with potential partners such as peers, local NGOs, and other strategic actors (e.g. private sector, impact investors, regional organizations, peer NGOs, etc.) for possible funding, sharing information on LWR and IMA’s strategies, technical approaches, and capacities regionally in AME and at the country level, in coordination with senior relationship managers
- Coordinate with Senior Relationship Managers (USG/Multilaterals, Foundations, and Private Sector) on building donor relationships in the region.
- Coordinate visibility and marketing strategies communications and program quality staff to contribute to the region’s business development goals.
- Represent the region at key events, working groups, and other relevant fora.
- Support/coach regional office and country teams to build skills for engagement with private and public donors and strategic consortium-building
Capture and Proposal Development
- Negotiate LWR and IMA’s role with partners and consortia related to specific business development opportunities, in coordination with the Capture Team.
- Support strategy to influence donors regionally around specific opportunities
- Lead the Go/No Go process for the region.
- Lead technical design processes around specific business opportunities
- Ensure proposals meet organizational standards for program and technical quality
- Ensure best practices from researchers and peer organizations as well as from LWR & IMA’s previous programming are integrated into the technical design of projects
- Coordinate closely with LWR’s HQ-based Program Quality Team to ensure quality programming using LWR’s Design, Monitoring & Evaluation & Learning Framework and minimum standards
- Supervise the RTA-M&E and participate in Q team/RTA coordination calls and quarterly/annual planning
- Engage in ongoing professional development.
- Other duties as assigned