Reporting to the Senior Director of Talent Management, this position is responsible for leading efforts that maintain and enhance ongoing performance, learning, and development within IRC. The Talent Management Deputy Director will define, create, implement and evaluate programs that facilitate professional development, leadership development, and continuous learning for all employees. This role is global and impacts all IRC staff.
The Talent Management Deputy Director is responsible for improving the productivity of IRC staff, and designing mechanisms to hold staff accountable for exceptional performance. This position actively searches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate, enhance and recognize performance. This position contributes to the effective development, coordination and presentation of training and development programs for all staff. The Deputy Director assesses organizational-wide developmental needs to drive training initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for staff.
(IRC is currently reviewing its Performance Management process and seeking ways to enhance and improve the program. Work has been done to evaluate the current process and recommendations have been made to transform the program)
- Oversee the implementation of the global performance management process
- IRC is currently reviewing its Performance process and seeking innovative ways to enhance the program in order to bring greater quality and lessen the time burden on staff and managers. The TM Deputy Director will have a key role in finalizing the design and implementing the new process.
- Research and design/update appropriate organization-wide performance and quality training. Facilitate Performance Management briefings/trainings.
- Liaise with technology team to develop the best online system to accomplish PM goals.
- Conduct post-Performance Management debriefs and oversee organization-wide survey
- Prepare annual PMP report.
Orientation & Professional Development
- Oversee IRC’s professional development programs (communicate philosophy, refine as needed, research best practices, offer solutions, serve as a resource to colleagues).
- Research and implement orientation best practices and serve as a resource to colleagues.
- Maintain and implement global orientation program which includes presentations, videos, posters, checklists, games, prizes and online new hire portal.
- Oversee and run the Field Access Program – when applicable – (a program designed to give staff the opportunity to travel to IRC field locations in order to enhance their learning and development)
- Design and lead blended delivery learning programs on many topics including Creating a Motivating Environment, Delegation & Accountability, Achieving Results, Setting Objectives and Giving & Receiving Feedback
- Oversee online learning management system.
- Provide support to client-led learning initiatives such as identifying external resources; developing technical competencies; one-on-one coaching.
Management and Leadership Development
- Work with the Director, Leadership Development to identify and prioritize training and development needs for staff globally
- Determine the best learning delivery methods for reaching the greatest number of staff
- Contribute to the design and development of learning and training programs for staff globally
- Work with regional contacts and stakeholders to understand current learning and development initiatives underway and how they can be leveraged globally
- Help build and maintain a community of IRC learning and development professionals
Education: Bachelors Degree
Work Experience: 6-8 years
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies: Communication, Project Management, Facilitation, Ability to Prioritize/Time-Management, Learning Orientation, Coaching, Innovation
Language Skills: French, Arabic a plus
Certificates or Licenses:
Working Environment: Standard working environment
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.