CARE is seeking a high-level Deputy Director for Program Support to oversee, support and build capacity of our procurement, HR, and administration teams across hubs in neighboring countries; based in Amman, Jordan. The position is initially intended for a one year period, and will strongly emphasize capacity building of the national senior PS team as well as contribute to harmonizing and supporting coherent program support systems across the hubs.
CARE’s programming in Syria is a highly complex operation, working through partners from multiple geographic hubs in the region; and we are looking for an exceptional individual with high level technical and people management skills.
The CO Deputy Director Program support profile includes: excellent technical procurement and HR knowledge and experience, analytical skills, high level managerial and coaching skills, attention to detail, ability to work effectively under time pressure, and ability to influence and collaborate with senior program, finance and program support staff. We are looking for a team player and proactive individual with the ability to offer guidance on systems and structures, prioritization, and who has proven experience of training program support staff. He/she is expected to have proficiency in English, Microsoft office.
The position has direct reporting line to the Director for South/Central Syria. S/He is an integral member of the CO senior management team.
- Staff management, teambuilding and capacity building
- Procurement, administration and logistics
- Human Resources
- Support to partners
- General CO oversight and other duties
- Relevant bachelors degree in business administration, logistics, HR or equivalent
- At least 10 years progressively senior experience in HR, procurement and/or administration in a humantarian or development NGO
- At least 5 years experience working in emergency settings, preferably in conflict or post conflict settings
- Minimum 5 years of senior management experience, including SMT level country office management experience.
- Experience coaching and capacity building of program support teams
- Facilitation skills to conduct training sessions for small, medium and large sized groups
- Solid analytical skills, problem solving and experience with major donors (e.g USAID, EU, etc.)
- Strong oral and written communication skills; Customer focused while handling multiple priorities
- Ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards
- Good leadership, coaching and negotiation skills
- Ability to work on teams, work at detailed level and understand the larger picture
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
This position is currently funded for one year.