PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is deeply committed to implementing of our strategic vision focused on strengthening people-centered primary health care (PHC) to help countries and health systems adapt and respond to a changing world, move toward Universal Health Coverage (UHC), and achieve the health-related Sustainable Development Goals. This commitment is even more important in light of the COVID-19 pandemic and the urgent need to maintain essential health services.
The PATH Primary Health Care (PHC) Deputy Director will report to the PHC Program Director and serve on the PHC leadership team to implement PATH’s overall PHC strategy, develop new business in line with the PHC strategy, and provide cross-cutting technical expertise to align the six teams that comprise the PHC program: Health Systems, Maternal Newborn Child Health and Nutrition, Early Childhood Development, Sexual and Reproductive Health, HIV & TB, and Noncommunicable Diseases.
The Deputy Director will serve on the PHC leadership team bringing a technical and operational focus to achieve the following 4 objectives:
- Establish PATH’s PHC strategy and grow PATH capacity to implement strategy
- Ensure high quality implementation of projects to strengthen PHC and achieve health impact
- Generate new revenue for work in PHC
- Position PATH as a global thought leader in PHC innovation
Serve as Seattle-based member of the PHC leadership team to develop and implement an expanding scope of PHC projects. Specifically:
- Cultivate donor/funder relationships and position PATH as a leader in PHC.
- Secure and lead new PHC-focused opportunities to create a diversified and sustainable portfolio
- Collaborate with and mentor PHC Team Leaders to meet revenue and implementation targets.
- Support the operationalization of the PHS strategy across PATH’s global and country programs.
- Provide cross-cutting technical expertise to inform project design, implementation and evaluation; work with PHC leader to share the review of program reports and materials developed for public dissemination.
- Partner with PATH leaders to build cross-program PHC competencies in digitalization of PHC systems, measurement and data use for PHC strengthening, innovative service delivery models (including self-care and private sector engagement), policy and financing, and/or quality improvement.
- Provide leadership consistent with PATH’s mission, values, and policies.
CROSS-PATH AND EXTERNAL REPRESENTATION
- Building strategic partnerships and alliances to advance PHC, health equity and opportunities
- Represent the PHC program with internal PATH partners, engaging leaders, harnessing synergies and collaborative opportunities across the organization in building resilient programs positioned to leverage the dynamic donor and global landscape for greatest impact.
- Represent PATH externally, serving as a technical/scientific expert and external representative for global advocacy and policy efforts and a liaison to key donors.
- Partner closely with the PHC program director (Vietnam-based) and liaise with US-based and regional teams, partners, and donors.
- Build PATH capacity through development of cross-PATH collaborations and recruitment of new technical expertise, including at country level.
- Model cultural and organizational agility internally and externally.
- Model clear, open, and collaborative communication approaches in a dynamic environment.