PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The Philanthropy Department (PhD) is a part of the Strategic Partnerships and Philanthropy (SPP) team which is part of the Global Engagement and Communications (GEC) Division. PhD’s core purpose is to drive flexible revenue for PATH’s core work from HNW individuals, family foundations and mid level giving individuals. This role provides leadership, strategy and direction to a high performing team of major gift fundraisers and drive a comprehensive, tiered individual fundraising strategy focused on growth. This role will be responsible for creating and executing team fundraising goals, managing comprehensive forecasting and creating a sustainable and innovative fundraising model.
The Deputy Director, Philanthropy is responsible for planning, implementing, managing, goal setting and growth of the major gifts and annual giving portfolios. This role plays a catalytic role defining strategy for PATH’s private fundraising. As a core member of the private fundraising leadership team, it will drive best practices and the continual evolution and growth of the philanthropy team. This position reports to the Chief Strategic Partnerships and Philanthropy Officer. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Leads the individual philanthropy and family foundations team. Establish and drive strategy, goals, and provides management for the team with strong focus on pipeline growth, donor diversification and pipeline sustainability.
- Design and implement comprehensive individual philanthropy strategy, appropriately tiered and managed to deliver on established financial goals.
- Develops and maintains personal responsibility for a specific group of major and principal gift prospects.
- Serves critical role on Strategic Partnerships and Philanthropy leadership team. Provides best in class thinking, strategy and insights. Works with peers on leadership team to effectively cross-fertilize and support complimentary portfolios in private revenue.
- Works with Board members, volunteers, and other PATH and development staff to strategize, orchestrate and implement cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plans for major gift and foundation donors and prospects.
- Directly manages and mentors a dynamic and high performing team of relationship managers across tiered structure.
- Works very closely with Chief Strategic Partnerships and Philanthropy to design and implement winning private philanthropy strategies.
- Work in collaboration with stakeholders across the business including marketing, communications and program teams to ensure appropriate lead generation, donor journey and stewardship opportunities.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to strategize and execute annual appeals and key fundraising events.
- Develops and implements PATH’s planned giving program to ensure the growth of PATH’s planned giving efforts.