International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Deputy Director – Operations and Finance
Department/Location: Global Health
Reports To: Project Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: Exempt Level
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Deputy Director, Operations and Finance for the anticipated Global Health Technical Assistance Mission Support (GH-TAMS) Task Order with the USAID/Bureau of Global Health. This Task Order is under the OASIS Small Business Pool 1 with an expected period of performance of 5 years and a continuation from the Global Health Program Cycle Improvement Project (GH-Pro).
The USAID/Bureau of Global Health is seeking mechanisms to respond to Missions’ needs by identifying and deploying highly skilled health professionals available to fill temporary gaps in the Missions’ Health portfolio. GH-TAMS will provide the Bureau of Global Health and USAID Missions with access to high quality, external technical expertise to design and support the contributing achievements of the U.S. Government health objectives. The activities of GH-TAMS will support cross-cutting health issues such as gender, health systems strengthening, environment, science and technology.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead overall project operations including human resource, financial, and administrative responsibilities.
- Oversee recruitment of project staff, budget development, and monitoring, prime award monitoring, compliance, sub-award management, procurement, logistics, and grants management.
- Establish and maintain human resource and financial management practices.
- Ensure project compliance with USAID and IBTCI procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience coordinating audit activities and managing reports, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll and accounting.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Minimum eight years of relevant experience in operations and financial management, including overseeing the human resources, finance, and operations of equally large and complex projects.
- Strong knowledge of employment law.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: Master’s Degree or its equivalent in Human Resources, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related certification in MBA, CPA, ACCA, ICAN, CIMA, and CFE.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position will supervise project staff with finance and operations responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in the USA. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.