International Health and Development
Deputy Director for Surveys
ICF is seeking a Deputy of Surveys for an upcoming project for USAID’s Bureau for Resilience and Food Security. This 5-year project will support population-based surveys for monitoring in resilience and food security. The Deputy Director will lead all survey activities and will be responsible for ensuring that all aspects of survey operations are implemented according to protocol.
The ICF’s wider portfolio of food security and resilience activities include population-based household surveys and evaluations in Global Food Security Strategy target countries, resilience focus countries and BHA Development Food Security Activity countries. This is a full-time position based in Rockville, Maryland.
- Ensure quality control for all survey deliverables
- Coordinate closely with a team of Senior staff responsible for sampling, research and analysis, capacity strengthening, communications, and data processing
- Oversee the work of a team of data analysts
- Assist in the development of country reports
- Manage a survey tracker dashboard and actively monitor timelines for survey implementation
- Minimum Masters degree in public health, demography, sociology, economics or related field
- 15+ years’ experience designing, planning, and supporting population-based household surveys
- Demonstrated experience coordinating complex multi-task projects.
- Prior experience in leadership roles on USAID projects
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English required; fluency and/or familiarity in a project-relevant language (including French/Spanish) greatly valued.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit http://www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)