The Stabilisation Response Mechanism (SRM) is a UK-funded development programme operating in Syria, implemented by ASI in partnership with Integrity Research and Consulting. The purpose of the SRM is to support the appropriate and timely stabilisation of areas of the country which are no longer under the control of the Syrian regime or extremist groups such as ISIS/ISIL. The programme will support moderate civilian governance bodies, improving their capacity to govern effectively and providing urgently-needed resources to support service delivery. It will be closely coordinated with other donor programmes with complementary aims.
The Deputy Delivery Manager is part of the SRM Delivery team. This team is responsible for using the outcomes of research and opportunity identification to design appropriate stabilisation projects in beneficiary areas, liaise and plan with Syrian and international partners, and supervise implementation of projects in Syria.
Projects vary in size, geographical area, technical requirements, duration and modality. Some will be designed and implemented directly by the programme team, and others will be partly or wholly implemented by partner organisations in Syria with support of the team.
Under the supervision of the Delivery Manager who is based in Jordan (Amman), the Deputy Delivery Manager is expected to ensure effective planning, design and delivery of SRM’s projects in Southern Syria from Jordan, in concert with the wider SRM team and relevant local and international stakeholders. This might also include the direct line management of Field Officers (FOs).
The Deputy Delivery Manager will need to support the Delivery Manager in liaising with donor counterparts and partners in Jordan, represent the programme in external meetings, and build and manage collaborative relationships with relevant interlocutors.
- Support SRM to develop a programme strategy in collaboration with the FCO, and SRM Management.
- Establish and maintain a network of Syrian programming partners and potential grantees.
- Identify programming opportunities in line with emerging SRM objectives, in close coordination with SRM Management.
- Liaise with other implementers in Syria on the planning and implementation of stabilisation interventions
- Under supervision of the Delivery Manager, manage the full project cycle to ensure effective implementation of stabilisation projects in Syria, either directly implemented (through FOs and suppliers) or by overseeing the execution of grant funds by Syrian partner organisations.
- Work closely with SRM Finance and M&E teams to manage the project cycle.
- Closely manage the understanding and presentation of SRM as presented by FOs in Syria
- Identify, monitor and manage risks associated with programming in Syria
- Work closely at all stages with the SRM Research team to ensure that programming is evidence-based and suitably adaptive.
- Report on programme developments promptly and clearly to the SRM Management team.
- Update SRM Management directly on emerging or outstanding risks to the programme and assist in appropriate mitigation measures.
- Ensure that all programme and project documentation related to SRM is filed in a timely and coherent manner to be accessible to the wider SRM team
- Line manage junior members of the Delivery Team
- Support in recruitment, training and management of Delivery FOs in Syria, acting as their primary point of contact.
- Forecast the financial and practical requirements of FOs, working closely with the Project Manager and Operations Team to ensure that FOs receive the necessary resources and support.