PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is currently seeking to recruit a Deputy Country Director who will support the Country Program Leader to effectively lead and manage the Zambia Country Program. The Deputy Country Director will provide regular technical support to assigned PATH Zambia project teams to help them establish quality, sound, reliable, effective, and efficient project management systems. S/he will work with the project teams in support of technical oversight and quality of PATH’s portfolio of projects.
The Zambia Country Program portfolio includes projects across priority health programs such as malaria, nutrition, digital health, immunization, Critical Care, policy and advocacy as well as TB with funding from donors that include the United States Agency for International Development, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, GAVI and the Conrad Hilton Foundation. With a staff establishment of above 160, the PATH Zambia Country office is fast growing and the second largest office in Africa.
Work with the Country Director to lead, direct and oversee PATH’s work in Zambia and contribute to PATH Zambia’s overall strategic and organizational development. Specifically;
- Work with the Country Director and selected PATH staff in Zambia and internationally to support the execution of the Zambia Country portfolio.
- Work with the Country Director to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Ministry of Health, partners including CSOs and current and potential funders.
- Co-ordinate PATH’s participation in key policy fora including TWGs and other technical and coordination bodies nationally and regionally both within the Government of Zambia’s MOH and other relevant ministries and NGO/CSO coordination bodies working closely with project directors.
- Work with the Country Director to identify and respond to potential opportunities and assist in the expansion and diversification of PATH’s portfolio in the country.
- Provide technical support and oversight to specific projects as directed by the Country Director and in consultation with project directors.