• Provide technical assistance to election institutions in all aspects of the electoral process as identified and included in the program description.
POSITION SCOPE: Manage and perform highly technical work requiring ingenuity and capacity to evaluate and respond to new and changing issues. Support the Country Director in the technical implementation of IFES programming as it related to electoral technical assistance. Oversee varied activities and processes to support effective project implementation, reporting and compliance.
|EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Master’s Degree in relevant fields such as social sciences, law, development studies, etc.
• Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in the successful implementation of international development activities managing sectors and/or subsectors of election interventions.
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and experienced in managing teams.
• Experience relevant to accomplishment of the cross-cutting objectives including gender, youth and marginalized populations.
• Strong oral and written communication skills;
• Experience working on policy, democracy and governance programs;
• Excellent knowledge of political issues and elections;
• Excellent knowledge of Nigeria’s civil society, election management bodies, policy landscape and stakeholders;
• Demonstrated ability to quickly build and consolidate relationships;
• Strong leadership, problem solving, coordination, and consensus building skills is a must;
• Experience with diverse donors, including USAID;
• Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in written and spoken English required. Proficiency in at least one other language in use within assigned project location is strongly preferred.