The upcoming five-year USAID/Zambia Evidence for Health contract is a monitoring and evaluation activity in Zambia focused on the health sector. The key objectives include the following:
- Strengthen the national Health Management Information System (HMIS) owned and managed by the Government of Zambia’s (GRZ) Ministry of Health (MOH).
- Improve monitoring, evaluation, and research capacities within key government and non-governmental partners.
- Expand the evidence base for existing approaches to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV.
The project is anticipated to begin in April 2018.
SI is seeking a full-time Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) to propose on our team and co-manage the eventual USAID/Zambia Evidence for Health contract. This position will be based in Lusaka, Zambia. The DCOP will serve as a core team member on a full-time basis throughout the five-year period of performance.
**Please note: This is a local only position. Only candidates with Zambian citizenship will be considered. **
The DCOP will directly report to the COP in activity implementation and management. The DCOP will take over leadership and oversight of the activity in the absence of the COP. This position is responsible for coordinating the various technical experts and aligns them to NFNC and all the program activities.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in a related field
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in HMIS and research
- Demonstrated progressive experience working in partnership with community-based organizations and other stakeholders
- Significant experience with USG- or USAID-funded activities or other internationally funded activities
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.