Component 2: Provide short-term technical assistance to missions, bureaus, and strategic partners
Component 3: Conduct implementation research on key sanitation and hygiene interventions
SI is seeking a full-time Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) should be capable of fulfilling the Chief of Party role, if needed when the Chief of Party is absent, and provide complementary skills and experience to ensure project success. The DCOP shall also provide technical leadership for one or more of the tasks outlined in Component 3, Conduct implementation research on key sanitation and hygiene interventions. The DCOP will be based in Washington, DC, and will be responsible for coordinating closely with USAID, implementing partners, and other stakeholders to ensure that the Activity reaches its intended research and learning goals.
- Coordinate with and support the COP on project implementation tasks.
- Provide technical leadership for tasks under Component 3, including implementing research methodologies to inform WASH programming, defining research approaches and synthesize learnings across focus areas (rural sanitation, market-based sanitation, and social behavior change approaches).
- Serve as a WASH expert and advise, along with the COP, on key sanitation and hygiene research to inform the research agenda.
- Supervise and mentor technical staff.
- Serve as Acting COP when the COP is absent.
- Master’s degree or higher in engineering, public health, business, behavioral science, or other related fields.
- At least 10 years of demonstrated technical expertise, with substantial developing country context experience, in two or more of the following technical areas: community participation, rural WASH, behavior change, governance, institutional development, and private sector engagement.
- At least two (2) years of demonstrated experience in a management and leadership position in international WASH or other development program context.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage a project of this magnitude and complexity.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of government and civil society counterparts and donor and UN partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; communication skills in other languages (particularly those spoken in USAID’s WASH priority countries such as French or Arabic) a plus.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.