Social Impact is preparing a proposal for an upcoming five-year USAID South Sudan Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Project. The MEL Project will support USAID/South Sudan to effectively monitor, evaluate, learn from, and improve USAID-funded interventions. The MEL Project will provide USAID/South Sudan with flexible, demand-driven technical, analytic, advisory, training, monitoring, evaluation, and related support services for performance measurement, planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting, activity mapping, and performance information management and dissemination activities.
SI is seeking a DCOP for the South Sudan MEL. The DCOP will report to the Chief of Party (COP) and will serve as the learning lead for the CLA component, providing oversight on CLA and learning activities. This will be a full-time position based in Juba, for the duration of the contract.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with South Sudanese citizenship are eligible to apply.* *
- Manage and oversee CLA and learning activities.
- Provide oversight of CLA activities, such as learning agendas, knowledge management development, design and implementation of learning approaches (pause and reflect, etc.), organizing and leading community of practices, etc.
- Build capacity for adapting to new learning and changes in context through effective approaches.
- Coordinate knowledge capturing, sharing and strategic learning to speed innovation and bring new innovations to the program.
- Expanding the network of professionals and institutions that collaborate on performance management and evaluation tasks for the contract.
- Lead training tasks, and efforts to ensure evaluation findings and recommendations are transparent and distributed to relevant stakeholders.
- Support the supervision and day to day administration of the project activities, under the direction of the COP.
- Supervise local technical staff and provide clear direction across the project team.
- Serve as Acting COP as needed.
- Graduate degree in the field of evaluation, international development or a related technical field, or a bachelor’s degree and five years’ experience in addition to the required minimum.
- Prior experience supervising long-term field staff and short-term experts of diverse backgrounds in the area of monitoring and evaluation.
- At least three years of demonstrated experience developing performance management plans, monitoring project implementation, and verifying data from large development projects.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, project design, institutional learning and/or knowledge management.
- Experience planning and implementing training courses on topics related to international development assistance; preferably on performance management topics.
- Experience building organizational capacity in monitoring, evaluation, and strategic learning preferred.
- Proven supervisory and team building experience, and excellent project management experience.
- Prior senior-level management experience on USAID-funded contracts.
- Exceptional proficiency in written and spoken English.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.