QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
QED is preparing to bid on the upcoming USAID/Senegal Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity. The purpose of this Activity is to provide analytical and advisory services to USAID/Senegal to support project design, performance monitoring and evaluation, and learning. This project will focus on CLA, capacity building, and resilience.
We are seeking a qualified Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) to lead this anticipated five-year activity to be full time and based in Dakar, Senegal for the duration of the Activity. S/he will be responsible for overall activity management, quality and timeliness of deliverables, external representation, and coordination with the Client. The DCOP will provide a strategic vision for managing the program, and will oversee activity tasks to ensure quality work and compliance with contractual obligations and results. The DCOP is responsible for the quality and performance of work that is performed by staff and sub-contracted partners.
- In coordination with COP, lead and manage all monitoring, evaluation and learning technical work conducted throughout the life of the activity
- Conduct internal data quality assessment to ensure the quality of reported data and maintain well-organized archives for project consortium and partners
- Provide technical and management expertise in evaluation design and implementation, including data collection and designing surveys and applying learning and adaptive management throughout the duration of the evaluation
- Develop and maintain the M&E and learning plans, data collection, annual and semi-annual reports; analyze monitor and evaluate progress toward planned milestones and expected results, and report regularly on such progress to diverse target audiences including USAID and other stakeholders
- Ensure that short-term technical experts and evaluation team members recruited under this contract are of a high caliber and possess the required technical expertise
- Provide technical assistance in monitoring activities to ensure compliance with USAID regulations and document program impact, performance and achievement of results
- Master’s degree in demography, social science, public administration, economics or a relevant field
- Minimum of eight years of experience leading M&E activities on an international development project with proven experience in leading teams to deliver results
- Proven applied knowledge and use of USAID M&E and learning policies and practices
- Prior experience serving in a similar position on a USAID-funded project
- Experience overseeing and/or directly supporting performance monitoring, evaluations, statistical and econometric analysis, survey design, data quality assurance, data management and collection, and/or performance management activities on a USAID or other donor-funded project
- Must have a strong background in project management and organizational development, and M&E to ensure adequate liaison with USAID and provide comprehensive support
- Demonstrated project management skills, and prior experience supervising staff is preferred
- Oral and written fluency in English and French
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
A submitted application to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal, indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client at least on an illustrative named basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.