QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
QED is preparing to bid on the upcoming USAID/Ethiopia Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Program. This anticipated project will assist USAID/Ethiopia in planning, designing, conducting, sharing, and learning from activities across the Mission’s portfolio to transition to a more democratic, resilient, and prosperous country with accountable institutions and private-sector led growth. The outputs from the contract will enable USAID/Ethiopia to facilitate informed program management, shape the longer-term strategic direction of programs and decision-making within the Mission, and comply with Agency accountability and M&E requirements.
We are seeking a qualified Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) to join this anticipated five-year activity to be full time and based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia for the duration of the Activity. The DCOP will partner closely with the Chief of Party to guarantee quality, efficiency, integrity, and learning throughout project duration. S/he will provide managerial oversight and technical guidance to the program. In addition to promoting quality, the DCOP will encourage efficiency in program delivery and compliance. This involves continually monitoring program tasks and activities against goals; minimizing duplication of personnel activities; and defining and using standard operating procedures. The DCOP is also expected to promote learning and innovation. This includes adapting tools and systems; promoting data-driven, evidence-based actions; expanding successful activities’ breadth and depth; building capacity to work in new ways; and communicating best practices to relevant parties.
The Deputy Chief of Party will assist the COP in providing overall technical, administrative, and financial management leadership. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Assisting the Chief of Party with contractual compliance and program management
- Monitoring project budget and expenditures
- Serving as Acting Chief of Party when the Chief of Party is unavailable.
- Making cash flow projections
- Ensuring timely and qualitative financial reporting in accordance with USAID requirements
- Supervision of field operations, administration, logistics, and procurement
- Overseeing the preparation and delivery of annual work plans and reports, quarterly performance monitoring reports, and other client required reporting
- Managing, delivering, and monitoring of sub-grants
- Supervising program monitoring, evaluation, and reporting
- Ensuring quality control and timeliness of all deliverables as required by USAID
- Ensuring the overall safety of office staff and short-term consultants through management of a security contract and ensuring staff strictly adhere to all security protocols
Coordinating the development and implementation of the project technical strategies, adapting global and regional technical resources and tools as needed for the Ethiopian context
Promoting sustainability of project activities with effective networking, coordination and linkages to other programs, partners and counterparts, capacity building of project staff, and institutional strengthening of implementing partners
- Ten (10) or more years of experience managing finance, operations and security for international donor-funded programs, with at least 8 years of experience working with USAID-funded projects
- Advanced university degree in relevant subject areas, preferably International Development and/or Development Management with a desired emphasis in Finance and Account, Contracts and Compliance
- Prior substantive experience as Deputy Chief of Party, Director of Finance and Administration, or its equivalent on USAID-funded projects
- Thorough understanding of USAID policies and procedures
- Experience in Ethiopia, or in Africa preferred
- Proven record of excellent management, leadership, decision‐making, communication and interpersonal skills, including being an articulate speaker and sympathetic listener
- English fluency required and Ethiopian language skills (Amharic) are preferred
- The DCOP should have demonstrated ability: to assemble, quickly and effectively, and to work with and manage a highly‐skilled, interdisciplinary team; to interact with and lead a broad range of governmental and non‐governmental actors and institutions across sectors; and to implement detailed, organized, timely, accurate M&E programs
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.