QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
QED is preparing to bid on the upcoming USAID Iraq Performance Management and Evaluation Services. The purpose of this program is to provide utilization-driven support in the areas of project/activity monitoring, evaluation, research, organizational learning, and knowledge management. The primary goal of this contract is to improve performance management at all levels to help the Mission meet Agency requirements, make better informed strategic and management decisions, and advance USAID learning on effective development approaches.
We are seeking a qualified Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) to assist in leadership this anticipated three-year (plus two optional years) activity to be full time and based in Baghdad for the duration of the Activity. S/he will be responsible for supporting the COP in overall activity management, managing administration and operations, coordination with local staff of USAID implementing partners, and assistance and oversight of the staff training and local capacity building.
The DCOP plays a key role in supporting the program Chief of Party to effectively achieve the results defined in the contract. The DCOP’s primary responsibilities include ensuring overall compliance with USAID rules and regulations, financial management, international and local personnel recruitment and management, subcontractor management, project start-up, and project close-out.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in leading an organization, in both management and technical areas
- Advanced university degree in relevant subject areas, preferably in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, International Administration or International Business
- Fluency in English required, fluency in Arabic speaking and writing skills also required
- Demonstrated experience managing diverse teams and working collaboratively across teams
- Previous experience in using analytical tools to identify comparative and competitive advantage
- Experience in business/private sector and/or economic development experience in Iraq, Middle East region, or conflict zones is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to assemble, quickly and effectively, and to manage a highly‐skilled, interdisciplinary team; to interact with and lead a broad range of governmental and non‐governmental actors and institutions across sectors; and to implement detailed, organized, timely, accurate M&E programs
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:able accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume/CV.
- Click on this link to complete a USAID Biodata/1420 form, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application.
- You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume/CV, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without either a resume/CV and/or biodata may not be considered. Only finalists will be contacted; no phone calls please.
A submitted applications to QED in response to a position on a bid or proposal, indicates your agreement to be included in our submission to the client at least on an illustrative basis.
The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. AA/V/D. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.