International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party
Department/Location: CCG, Tunisia
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt-level position and is not eligible for overtime pay.
Overview: IBTCI is currently seeking a Deputy Chief of Party to work under a monitoring and evaluation support services project funded by USAID/Tunisia and USAID/Libya. The USAID Monitoring and Evaluation in Tunisia and Libya (METAL) is a multi-year project focusing on the provision of monitoring, evaluation and learning services across multiple development sectors in both Tunisia and Libya.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Manage a variety of international and local M&E technical experts, ensuring coverage of program activities, under the overall supervision of the Chief of Party (COP).
• Support client engagement and actively reach out to USAID partners to support MEL.
• Provide overall technical direction for METAL on methodologies for performance reporting, evaluation planning/design and data analysis.
• Lead and/or review and monitor METAL programmatic functions, e.g. development of work plans, technical deliverables and monthly/annual reports.
• Manage the conduct of project site visits, assessments, evaluations and special studies.
• Provide monitoring and evaluation technical assistance to the USAID program offices and technical staff, including review of Implementing Partner Monitoring Evaluation and Learning systems, country strategies and USAID monitoring plans.
• Participate in and/or prepare necessary project-related reports presentations and white papers.
• Organize and support project trainings, conferences, workshops, and meetings.
• Serve as the COP and provide leadership and oversight of METAL in the absence of the COP.
• May be required to be in-country to perform the essentials duties of this position.
• Serve as the security focal point between IBTCI Home and Field Office.
• Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to work and interact effectively with USAID and implementing partners.
• Previous experience providing technical support to third-party monitoring projects, M&E support projects, or evaluations.
• Previous experience conducting quantitative and qualitative field research in conflict zones is desirable.
• Previous experience working on programs implemented in Tunisia and/or Libya is desirable.
• Significant progressive experience working in partnership with community-based organizations and other stakeholders in low-resource settings.
• Significant experience working with USG- or USAID-funded activities or other internationally funded activities.
• At least seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience related to the task order subject matter, including at least two (2) years of experience managing teams and at least one (1) year of experience working in conflict zones.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, analytic skills, interpersonal skills, and team management skills, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations.
• Demonstrated ability using task management tools for meeting deadlines with quality products.
• Oral and written fluency in English required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in International Affairs, Social Science or a related field. Master’s degree in International Affairs, Social Science, Statistics, or a related field is highly desirable.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.