International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party, South Sudan
Department/Location: Juba, South Sudan
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
IBTCI is currently seeking a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an upcoming Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) project in South Sudan, funded by USAID. This a full time, key position based in Juba, South Sudan. This project will provide a range of technical assistance to USAID South Sudan’s portfolio of programs.
* This position is contingent upon award*
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee day-to-day programmatic activities, such as Third Party Monitoring (TPM), Data Quality Assessments (DQAs), and evaluations, as well as analysis from these activities.
- Provide quality control over written technical written deliverables
- Collaborate with the Chief of Party in performance management systems, financial management, and timely completion and submission of all activity deliverables.
- Support the Chief of Party in managing in-country partner relations with USAID implementing partners, South Sudanese governmental officials, donors, and other relevant stakeholders
- Contribute to overseeing and coordinating the staff training and building local capacity for monitoring and evaluation staff and/or subcontractors
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 8 years of international experience designing and managing evaluations or assessments
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing teams and operations in developing countries.
- Proven track record of supporting complex activities involving coordination with multiple stakeholders
- Strong professional oral and written proficiency in English
Education: An advanced degree in international relations, project management, monitoring and evaluation, or a related field.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and experience in working on USAID-funded projects
- Experience in South Sudan or East Africa
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams remotely.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.