NOTE: This position is contingent upon donor funding. Ugandan nationals are encouraged to apply.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH seeks a Deputy Chief of Party to support and provide strategic leadership and oversight for an anticipated USAID-funded social and behavior change communication (SBCC) project in Uganda. The SBCC project will result in the improved ability of individual, household, and communities to adopt priority behaviors.
- Assist the Chief of Party with all aspects of project operations including technical oversight, human resources, recruiting and training staff, and developing an experienced team with distinct roles and responsibilities.
- Provide technical guidance, technical assistance and capacity building in SBCC efforts.
- Monitor implementation of SBCC activities in the field and ensure timely achievement of project deliverables.
- Assemble and lead the technical team to carry out assessments and capacity-building exercises for local partners.
- Produce and disseminate key project results through journal articles, presentations, posters, and other mediums, at local, regional and international forums to share experiences and best practices.
- Develop/produce contractual deliverables (quarterly, annual, field project evaluations, etc.) in conjunction with other key staff and external evaluators.
- Coordinate and liaise with key external stakeholders, including other USAID implementing partners.
- Serve as acting Chief of Party when necessary and, in that role, represent the project before USAID and project stakeholders.