ChildFund International is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party for a USAID funded Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) project in Ethiopia. Under the direction of the Chief of Party, the Deputy Chief of Party provides overall management and financial oversight for the project; The DCOP will be the primary liaison with implementing partners and in charge of the subaward and subaward management process. The position will be based in Addis Ababa.
Please note that this position is contingent on the award of funding from the donor.
- Oversee all aspects of subaward and financial management and in support of the Chief of Party undertakes stakeholder coordination with USAID and Government of Ethiopia counterparts and partners to ensure successful results and overall project compliance to USAID rules and regulations and ChildFund International policies and procedures
- Provide overall management on the implementation of the OVC program and activities coordinating program planning, budgeting and assists with monitoring, reporting and evaluation
- Provides leadership and management oversight to ensure that activities are executed in line with and meet the management and compliance standards and expectations of USAID and the Government of Ethiopia
- Oversee strategies and interventions to ensure program implementation and activities meets standards for the beneficiaries of the project
- Maintain strong linkages and subaward oversight with program implementing partners
- Represent project with donors, stakeholders, and government counterparts in the absence of the Chief of Party
- Promotes and assists in sustainability planning of project activities with effective graduation strategies including linkages to other programs, capacity building and organizational strengthening of community-based organizations
- Required Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree in social sciences, public health, or management preferred.
- 8 + years’ experience managing large, complex projects funded by USAID with at least 2 years’ experience in Ethiopia. Deputy Chief of Party experience preferred.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, including proven ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong management experience with PEPFAR funding.
- Experience in capacity building, USAID rules and regulations, subaward recipient monitoring and PEPFAR monitoring and evaluation highly desirable.
- Management experience with a USG cooperative agreement required
- Strong English communication and presentation skills required
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Relevant computer software skills