Around the globe, RTI is working to develop and
implement low emission energy technology alternatives, raise private financing
for energy infrastructure, work with governments on legal and regulatory
reforms to alleviate bottlenecks in energy generation and consumption, and
increasing access to green energy to sustain economic growth and reduce
poverty. We serve as a chosen partner for USAID’s Power Africa program in
sub-Saharan Africa, and we are looking to support the development of sound
energy infrastructure, enabling energy sector reforms, and grow sustainable,
secure energy markets throughout the Central Asia region.
RTI is currently seeking DCOP Operations for an
upcoming regional project in the Central Asia region, Power Central Asia
Activity (PCA). PCA will implement activities throughout the five countries of
Central Asia of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and
Uzbekistan. The purpose of the activity is to support the region with the integration
of power markets, , enable national market liberalization, augment the use of clean
energy technologies, attract private sector investments, and promote the inclusion
of women and marginalized segments of the population.
DCOP Operations is responsible for providing day‐to‐day project
leadership in the management of operational staff and oversight of monitoring,
evaluation, and grants under contract. This is a full-time role based in Almaty,
Kazakhstan. This position reports to
Chief of Party (COP).
- Provides oversight of the project’s operations
reporting functions to ensure compliance with the terms of the agreement.
- Supervises the project’s administration staff,
providing oversight to the overall project management and human resources
- Ensures adherence to RTI and USAID administration requirements,
policies and procedures.
- Oversees subcontracts and/or grants to local partners;
trains and provides guidance to subcontract/grantee finance managers on
managing project expense to annual work plan and contract budgets, as needed;
ensures that all contractual documentation is complete and compliant with the
terms of the reference in the contract.
- Provides leadership and support during project
start-up and close-out with respect to setting up the project office,
operations and logistics, recruitment, on-boarding and staff administration,
- Serves as the project liaison with human resources on
employee relation matters and documentation for adverse events.
- Assists the COP in management and
decision-making and ensures that project activities are meeting client and
with other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Master’s degree in public administration,
financing, economics, accounting or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in operations
management, with 5 years direct international work experience in developing
countries. Experience in working on regional projects preferred.
- Prior experience managing administration / operations
for large-scale USAID programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and/or experiences in
financial planning and management, and procurement, among other management
support areas/functions, as required.
- Possess excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated skills, abilities, and experiences to
manage sub-contracts and sub-grants;
- Strong verbal and written English communications
- Experience working in the Central Asia region.
- Fluency in Russian preferred.